Did you mean: 

widevine L3 why??? i did nothing but today I cant see netflix HD suddenly

TaeSeong
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: I003DD
Firmware Version: 17.0823.2099.98-0
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence: widevine L3 why???
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================

128 REPLIES 128

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi PH
As far as I can record, lambdaplus is the only user who reported that didn't get his issue fixed at the first time repair on ZenTalk due to another scenario, we are very sorry and the issue is quickly solved under our tracking. If there is any other users who faced repeated repair and I haven't noticed, kindly let me know.
Seconds, after investigation by the relevant team, the issue can only be fixed by repair center. Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

MV
Rising Star II
Christine_ASUS

Hi PH

As far as I can record, @lambdaplus is the only user who reported that didn't get his issue fixed at the first time repair on ZenTalk due to another situation, and his case is now under my tracking. If there is any other users who faced repeated repair and I haven't noticed, kindly let me know.

Seconds, after investigation by the relevant team, the issue can only be fixed by repair center. Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

View post
If that's the resolution, I hope not everyone will get into same situation. Clearly a mistake from devs to be owned by users. I don't really care mine was downgraded to L3 long ago. But clearly not a good sign when there so much flak regarding other display issue and now with degraded viewing experience just adds petrol to fire.

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi MV
Thank you for your concern. We will make sure to do our best. The case I mentioned was in different scenario. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
For your case, please check on your inbox for further assistance.

PH
Rising Star I
MV

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/138737#Comment_138737

If that's the resolution, I hope not everyone will get into same situation. Clearly a mistake from devs to be owned by users. I don't really care mine was downgraded to L3 long ago. But clearly not a good sign when there so much flak regarding other display issue and now with degraded viewing experience just adds petrol to fire.

View post
Agreed. This is advertised as a premium phone and hence the users would be expecting a wholistic experience. Sadly new issues keep popping up and we are asked to go to the service center.

FiREPLAY
Rising Star I
Christine_ASUS

Hi MV

Thank you for your concern. We will make sure to do our best. The case I mentioned was in different scenario. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

For your case, please check on your inbox for further assistance.

View post
Due to COVID-19 it's not possible for everyone to visit Service Center whenever there's an issue with the phone, its easier to say that but not practical during these times, I'd request that you ask ASUS developers to find a way to install Widevine keys via OTA which is very much possible as it's a Software thing, Xiaomi have done it in the past and recently OnePlus did it for their OnePlus 8 series of devices which lost their Widevine keys just like ROG 3.
I wouldn't request this if the issue wasn't widely known or if it hadn't affected a lot of people, you guys need to consider everyone's safety and wellbeing.