This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving apps and info to SD card

dildanimada19
Star I

Hey all, Got my hot new Zenfone 6 yesterday. Loving it so far.
Also purchased a spiffy new 400GB microSD card so I never have to worry about storage.

But i'm having issues figuring out how to move apps and info the the SD card.
Yes, I formatted it properly to be used as internal storage.
I am able to move the storage for my camera (photos and videos) to the card, so that's good.
But when i go to any other app, there is no option in the settings or in the device settings app area.

I'd really love to put things like Spotify on there, for obvious reasons.

Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8

ColorSage
Zen Master I
I don't see any option regarding moving apps to SD or internal storage extension (only separate volumes) so Asus probably did not allow it. I don't know why. Anyway, you can move all spotify cache and songs to sdcard storage in their settings. Look it up.

dildanimada19
Star I

Hey all, Got my hot new Zenfone 6 yesterday. Loving it so far.
Also purchased a spiffy new 400GB microSD card so I never have to worry about storage.

But i'm having issues figuring out how to move apps and info the the SD card.
Yes, I formatted it properly to be used as internal storage.
I am able to move skillmine the storage for my camera (photos and videos) to the card, so that's good.
But when i go to any other app, there is no option in the settings or in the device settings app area.

I'd really love to put things like Spotify on there, for obvious reasons.

Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks

Thank you my issue has been solved,....

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
ColorSage said:
I don't see any option regarding moving apps to SD or internal storage extension (only separate volumes) so Asus probably did not allow it. I don't know why. Anyway, you can move all spotify cache and songs to sdcard storage in their settings. Look it up.
Google doesn't allow it. There are too many issues with running apps from SD-card so they removed it. There is also less reason to run apps from a SD card today as the internal storage gets bigger with every year

ColorSage
Zen Master I
ColorSage said:
Google doesn't allow it. There are too many issues with running apps from SD-card so they removed it. There is also less reason to run apps from a SD card today as the internal storage gets bigger with every year
Sorry for assuming that you've removed it. Google has nicely up-to-date support documentation where it is written that you can move apps regardless of Android version. There wasn't a single note stating that apps on SD feature is depreciated.