Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kunai 3 Not working

Zexiar
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG Kunai 3
Firmware Version: Latest, can't find it.
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: Permanent
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Hello. I connected the ROG Kunai 3 to my ROG Phone 3 to play and it worked fine until I got a prompt to update the firmware for the Kunai 3, so I tapped it. It said failed yo update and the right controller stopped working and would never responds, but the right controller still works.
I think this should be addressed very quickly as it basically bricked an expensive accessory.
30 REPLIES 30

Zexiar
Star III
When will there be any kind of attention? Mods or Devs. A gaming smartphone that does not do its advertised job is a joke...

rogeriskira
Rising Star I
I got prompted to update twice and each time the box just disappeared. Not sure if everything went well or how to check firmware. I think they are working? I am however expriencing random disconnects during USB mode. (Green LED turns off and then a second later turns back on)

Zexiar
Star III
rogeriskira

I got prompted to update twice and each time the box just disappeared. Not sure if everything went well or how to check firmware. I think they are working? I am however expriencing random disconnects during USB mode. (Green turns off and then a second later turns back on)

View post
Unfortunately, I didn't get any new prompts. If it works for you, do not update it. It is not worth the risk.
If you want to check the frimware; Go to settings then scroll down to System, tap About Phone, scroll down and tap on Hardware Information. In there you can scroll down to see the firmware for each of the controllers.

rogeriskira
Rising Star I
Oh no it seems each controller has a different version. Left -> 3.3.3 and Right -> 3.1.0 (Bluetooth 3.0.8)

Zexiar
Star III
I guess that is why it disconnects for you. For me the versions are Left: V3.3.3 and Right: Vff.ff.ff
Most people wjo updated have the same case as me sadly.