jin_akira
Rising Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG Phone 3
Firmware Version: WW_17.0823.2009.99
Rooted or not: Not rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: Currently active
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Kunai 3 Gamepad
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Hi I am requesting for a firmware update for the Kunai 3 Gamepad to enable 8-way direction on the Dpad. I don't know which outlet or channel where I can raise this issue therefore I am kindly raising it here. I bought the gamepad to fully utilise it but end up having my experience stunted due to the controller not registering diagonal directions which I find highly unacceptable for a gaming. What is further frustrating is that I can't even use any third party gamepad due to the placement of the USB-C port. I am sure this can be sorted out through a firmware update for the controller. Please respond as I hold the moderators here in the highest regard as professionals. I do seek feedback from other users to further emphasize this request to fully maximise our gamepad's functions.
12 REPLIES 12

jin_akira
Rising Star I
Gustav_ASUS

@jin_akira Thank you for your suggestion. 👍

View post
Thank you @Gustav_ASUS for your response, I apologise if this is the wrong outlet for me to raise this request. If it is, please kindly guide me to the right channel to allow me to raise this request.

If my request can be accepted here, I do hope this request will be seriously considered and actual action will be taken as it is a key feature meant to be available on all gamepads.

jin_akira
Rising Star I
rogeriskira

Does your controller come up as Rog Kunai 2 in that app? I noticed my Kunai 3's come up as Kunai 2's in that app and others as well. Very odd.

View post
Hi Roger, mine is also showing my Kunai 3 as the Kunai 2, which worries me. Not so much on the label of the device showing wrongly, but that it may share the same firmware or base as the Kunai 2, which I would assume also lacks the 8-way direction on the Dpad, even though it has been released for more than a year

rogeriskira
Rising Star I
Yeah, that is worrisome as well.

jin_akira
Rising Star I
Saw quite a few post regarding the Kunai 3 Gamepad with a bunch of problems. Hope a firmware update will be on the way soon to address this direction pad issue and the issues other forumers here are experiencing as well

Ogghy
Rising Star II
Kunai 3 gamepad is actually can do 8-directional on the d-pad, but you need to press it really hard and precise. So the problem is just the sensitivity. We can't custom the button freely via armoury crate and for me it's really a wasted potential. Hoping the dev solve this problem by giving us a customable sensitivity for the gamepad, especially on the d-pad and the analog. Because the analog can't do a squared directional. And it makes the travel of the analog very limited.
Can any mod tell the dev about this ?
Obligatory tag @Anders_ASUS @Gustav_ASUS