Yulius_Mai
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Zenfone 5z
Firmware Version: 100.10.107.70_20200320
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Please help Camera not focus, just can take near area only
P51VQU20D8FN.jpg

J8FWYM3ZXMDI.jpg

170 REPLIES 170

z3ma3
Star I
It looks like asus set wrong parameters for camera lens in some of updates and lens are stucked in wrong parameters, also after updates and resets all settings. You needs update system, than reset camera in safe mode than mechanical unlock LENS by hitting to camera to jump in correct and turnable possition. If it unlocks from wrong possition than all works fine but for while and prol¨blem come back again 😞
I love ASUS products but service is horrible.

rahulraghuram17
Star II
hi iam also facing this issue. as every one mentioned here its a software bug that messed up the camera. i have question to everyone "does reverting back to previous os such as pie or oreo fix this issue? had anyone tried to fix this by installing a custom rom like that.
I know that asus will not support/encourage, installing a custom rom in their official forum here, but they are not helping their customers in either way also. Someone mentioned earlier that it can be fixed by a new camera module that cost rs 6000 in India. Why should we pay for that? asus update has broken it so its their responsibility to fix this. If this is the way asus deal with their loyal customers then i must say that In future we must invest our money in some other brand. I know that no phone is perfect but atleast they will not disappoint their customers as ASUS always does with their software support. If it was apple they would have faced heavy lawsuit across other countries. There are lot of issues that is not fixed till now and iam also facing this issue as mentioned by someone in this thread https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/40730/display-become-unresponsive-during-double-tap-to-turnof....
Iam not filing any lawsuit against anyone but this is my last asus product. So iam asking "did anyone fixed this issue with the help of downgrading os/ installing custom rom?"
[Iam not that good in technical things such as rooting/ downgrading os/ installing custom rom etc so please guide me if it solves this issue]
THANK YOU

adityapruthi200
Rising Star II
rahulraghuram172

hi iam also facing this issue. as every one mentioned here its a software bug that messed up the camera. i have question to everyone "does reverting back to previous os such as pie or oreo fix this issue? had anyone tried to fix this by installing a custom rom like that.

I know that asus will not support/encourage, installing a custom rom in their official forum here, but they are not helping their customers in either way also. Someone mentioned earlier that it can be fixed by a new camera module that cost rs 6000 in India. Why should we pay for that? asus update has broken it so its their responsibility to fix this. If this is the way asus deal with their loyal customers then i must say that In future we must invest our money in some other brand. I know that no phone is perfect but atleast they will not disappoint their customers as ASUS always does with their software support. If it was apple they would have faced heavy lawsuit across other countries. There are lot of issues that is not fixed till now and iam also facing this issue as mentioned by someone in this thread https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/40730/display-become-unresponsive-during-double-tap-to-turnof....

Iam not filing any lawsuit against anyone but this is my last asus product. So iam asking "did anyone fixed this issue with the help of downgrading os/ installing custom rom?"

[Iam not that good in technical things such as rooting/ downgrading os/ installing custom rom etc so please guide me if it solves this issue]

THANK YOU

View post
Well, apparently I got everything changed in my 5z (exept my front camera) from lcd panel to battery, from motherboard to camera to subboard to flex cables and antenna cables too. So this was appearing in me also. It was not blurry, it was like the camera was smudged up, so I got my back panel removed assuming it will solve the problem. But the issue was persistent. Until I got my camera changed and the max quality i could get is posted below.
screenshot-20201209-175505436.jpg

This is like just 3 metres away from me. It is all grainy, smudged up. Try to zoom the picture and read out what's written below 12. Not even readable.
And take a look at this 👇
img-20190907-112605.jpg
This is a year ago, was taken from like 30000 feet and still the image maintains the resoltion on even maxxed out zoom. Even my moms samsung galaxy note 9 failed here to take this kind of photo(atleast when i was using it)
So yes, it is true the picture quality has degraded and has something related to software. As I know, I've got my camera changed.
Regards.

darkknight
Rising Star I
rahulraghuram172

THANK YOU

View post
Downgrading won't solve the issue.

kvdelhi31
Star I
Zenfone 5z camera autofocus is Not working from last 2 month .please fix this issue.