Did you mean: 

widevine L3 why??? i did nothing but today I cant see netflix HD suddenly

TaeSeong
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: I003DD
Firmware Version: 17.0823.2099.98-0
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence: widevine L3 why???
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================

128 REPLIES 128

Shane_Fernandes
Star II
Shane Fernandes

@Anders_ASUS @Gustav i have two rog phone 3 at my house both on the latest ww. 99....

one of the device has downgraded security of l3 where as the other still stands at l1... both the devices are stock and have not been unlocked.

what is happening...??? it is not fair to get the consumer go to the service centre for this to get it fixed by flashing the device and loosing data... as some of the post clearly state that even after that either the service centre has not been able to fix it and if they do it has again been downgraded to l3... this is certainly a bug that u guys need to answer to and service centre should not be the only solution.... even oneplus had the similar issue which was fixed by an fota update...

View post
img-20201208-wa0000.jpg
screenshot-20201208-032040213.jpg
Attached is a screenshot from both the devices....

CHOOZR
Zen Master I
Hi Shane, may i ask How do you check these? Cant seem to find these in my phone settings. Is this an external app?
Shane Fernandes

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/138124#Comment_138124

img-20201208-wa0000.jpg

screenshot-20201208-032040213.jpg

Attached is a screenshot from both the devices....

View post

Shane_Fernandes
Star II
Choozr

Hi Shane, may i ask How do you check these? Cant seem to find these in my phone settings. Is this an external app?

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/138125#Comment_138125

View post
drm info on playstore

CHOOZR
Zen Master I
Thanks Shane for sharing the information. Thought it was a stock setting that can be checked

PH
Rising Star I
@Shane Fernandes my thoughts exact. So many issues with this junk phone. Sad part is Asus is not even coming forward and accepting these issues. Rather they are busy working on their next phone and trying to have these fixes worked upon on the new one. What about their exisiting customers? Pathetic service and dev team.