Audio No Longer Working

stolinger
Star II

Model Name: Zenfone 6 ZS630KL
Firmware Version: WW_17.1810.2010.179
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: Constant
==========
My phone's audio completely died. I can not makes phone calls, do voice recording, play music on Spotify, and playing videos on YouTube or stories on Instagram freeze for a bit then play without audio.
I've already did a factory reset and the problem persists.
Audio Wizard pops an error message: Unsupported Device - Audio Wizard does not support this current audio device
screenshot-20201208-194759995.jpg
All audio-related tests failed too (Board Mic, Receiver, Speaker).
Edit: I can pair with Bluetooth headphones but it still can't produce sound.
5 REPLIES 5

sumitkr11
Star III
Have you tried disabling the audio wizard? -Thats what I've done to avoid the audio issues coz of audio wizard.
Did it happen after the latest update?

stolinger
Star II
sumitkr11

Have you tried disabling the audio wizard? -Thats what I've done to avoid the audio issues coz of audio wizard.

Did it happen after the latest update?

View post
It happened in the middle of a game when the audio completely stopped. I didn't notice at first because I had set the volume really low, so I only noticed that I no longer have audio when I increased the volume but there were no longer sounds coming out.
And yes, I have disabled Audio Wizard but it has no effect.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
stolinger

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/138327#Comment_138327

It happened in the middle of a game when the audio completely stopped. I didn't notice at first because I had set the volume really low, so I only noticed that I no longer have audio when I increased the volume but there were no longer sounds coming out.

And yes, I have disabled Audio Wizard but it has no effect.

View post
You could try this Android 10 to Android 9 downgrade. It will clean your phone more than a normal factory reset.
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/ZenFone/ZS630KL/UL-ASUS_I01WD-ASUS-18.1220.1909.194-1.1.1-user.zi...
If you're audio is working again after this downgrade, then you may upgrade to Android 10 again and it should still work. If the above suggestion doesn't help, then you need to contact ASUS Service

stolinger
Star II
I've finished downgrading and there's still no audio. During the setup, the Setup Wizard freezes when it's time to adjust the call volume and a prompt pops to either close the setup or wait. Either way, I just tap on next to proceed.
Audio Wizard only presents a blank screen and no error message. There's a greyed out headphones icon at the top-right corner but doesn't interact at all.
I've tried wired earphones and it still won't work.
Is this a motherboard/hardware issue now? Also, is there a way to have this sent to service? I shipped this phone from Hong Kong, and I'm residing in the Philippines.