This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earphones keep disconnecting after 10-15 mins.

is_ishaansammet
Star II

Model Name: ROG Phone 3
Firmware Version: Android 10
Rooted or not: Not rooted.
Frequency of Occurrence: All the time now.
I've been having this issue where my wired earphones (3.5mm pin but I use a converter to convert that into type C) disconnect after like 10-15 seconds after I connect them. This didn't happen when I first got my phone a couple of weeks ago but now I'm unable to connect any wired earphones, I've tried this with my headphones as well so I can confirm that this isn't a hardware problem with my earphones. I'm in Hyderabad, India and I need help, the phone number shown online in their site doesn't work.

5 REPLIES 5

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
That's strange. Is it possible that your adapter is at fault here? If you have any USB-C earphones or another adapter at hand, please try switching and see if you get the same results.
If that does not work you can try a factory reset, seeing how you only got your phone a couple of weeks ago. I understand if you are hesitant to do so though, as you will have to backup any personal data you wish to keep.

is_ishaansammet
Star II
Gustav_ASUS

That's strange. Is it possible that your adapter is at fault here? If you have any USB-C earphones or another adapter at hand, please try switching and see if you get the same results.

If that does not work you can try a factory reset, seeing how you only got your phone a couple of weeks ago. I understand if you are hesitant to do so though, as you will have to backup any personal data you wish to keep.

View post
I can get a new one and see if anything is wrong with the adapter. Although I don't think that's the case because it worked earlier and I watched a video on YouTube and when I clicked on the next video, it suddenly stopped working exactly when the next audio was supposed to play. I'd like to inquire if this was possibly a software error on your side.

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
is.ishaansammeta

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/138312#Comment_138312

I can get a new one and see if anything is wrong with the adapter. Although I don't think that's the case because it worked earlier and I watched a video on YouTube and when I clicked on the next video, it suddenly stopped working exactly when the next audio was supposed to play. I'd like to inquire if this was possibly a software error on your side.

View post
Nothing's impossible! Does it follow the same pattern every time you plug in your earphones? Sound for 10-15 seconds and then silence?

is_ishaansammet
Star II
Gustav_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/138316#Comment_138316

Nothing's impossible! Does it follow the same pattern every time you plug in your earphones? Sound for 10-15 seconds and then silence?

View post
It happens the first time and then it doesn't detect my earphones at all when I connect them.