This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog Phone 3 stopped charging with company provided charger (no physical damage)

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: rog phone 3
Firmware Version: 17.0823.2009.99
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: constant
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
hi there, here's another frustrating experience from ASUS.

here is the situation:
phone purchased on nov 5
everything working fine until December 2nd
phone not charging using company provided charged from Dec 3rd
tried restarting, didnt work
tried factory reset, didnt work
phone not charging with a spare samsung charger either
but phone charges if i connect to laptop with the company provided type c cord
no information anywhere on the internet on how to resolve (similar discussions were closed on this forum)
call center: totally unaware of this issue and giving very noob advice like switch off/on and/or trying to diagnose the situation without understanding the concern
service center unreachable (bangalore)
unable to return phone because product return window has expired
So basically, after spending more than $750, im stuck with a brick that requires 8 hours to fully charge each time and no support anywhere on the service center, customer care or retailer.
I have never in the past heard of such an issue with any phone (let alone experience it)
Appreciate speedy support on this matter

Regards,
Vasanth
14 REPLIES 14

Swadesh
Star III
Can you send me that apk please?
@vasanthbalachandhran

im not sure if its ok to do this but here you go. i feel confident this will work for you even though it didnt for me.
// Attached file removed

ux
Star I
Hi,
Similar issue here with a ROG 3, not rooted, Latest firmware.
I was playing and ignored the battery warning (10% left) as I was about to charge it. I didn't plug it in time, and the phone battery died. Less than a minute after that, I plugged the phone into the charge, but nothing is happening. I have had to safe boot for the phone to start to charge. It wouldn't charge the phone without this manip. If that happens to you, give it a try.

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@vasanthbalachandhran Sorry to hear that. I will send you instructions on how to log your device. Check your inbox.

tvnaymad
Star I
@Gustav_ASUS could you please send me the fix in private message too ? I have the same problem with my phone shows "+ +" and it doesnt charge