Mnisza
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG 3 Strix
Firmware Version: Latest
Rooted or not: Not
Frequency of Occurrence: 1st time happen
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): None
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
hello guys, i'm from Malaysia, and i'm new here, and here the thing, today, as i finish charging my phone, i try to unlock it using fingerprint sensor (the usual way), then suddenly there a crack sound that i heard coming from the phone, then suddenly my screen going haywire all of the suddenly and the crack is displayed. i have never ever drop the phone before. there is not a single scratch or physical crack what so ever. i take care my items really delicately. here i attach the picture for it, as you guys can see, the crack happen at the location of the tumb area, the only thing i can deduce is it crack while i trying to unlock the screen, and dare i say that i'm not pressing the display that hard at all, its not like i hammered my tumb to unlock the phone. so what should i do? how can i fix it? is it under warranty?
whatsapp-image-2020-12-08-at-11-54-39-am.jpeg

9 REPLIES 9

devicentextian
Rising Star II
Mnisza

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: ROG 3 Strix
  2. Firmware Version: Latest
  3. Rooted or not: Not
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: 1st time happen
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): None

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

hello guys, i'm from Malaysia, and i'm new here, and here the thing, today, as i finish charging my phone, i try to unlock it using fingerprint sensor (the usual way), then suddenly there a crack sound that i heard coming from the phone, then suddenly my screen going haywire all of the suddenly and the crack is displayed. i have never ever drop the phone before. there is not a single scratch or physical crack what so ever. i take care my items really delicately. here i attach the picture for it, as you guys can see, the crack happen at the location of the tumb area, the only thing i can deduce is it crack while i trying to unlock the screen, and dare i say that i'm not pressing the display that hard at all, its not like i hammered my tumb to unlock the phone. so what should i do? how can i fix it? is it under warranty?

whatsapp-image-2020-12-08-at-11-54-39-am.jpeg

screen crack underneath the display
This gonna cost a lot unfortunately it's not under warranty. I dropped my rog phone 3 so I know the pain..

Mnisza
Star I
how much does it cost usually?

devicentextian
Rising Star II
Mnisza

how much does it cost usually?

View post
My phone variant is the 49k 12/512 which cost me for the repair of 20k

Mnisza
Star I
devicentextian

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/138209#Comment_138209

My phone variant is the 49k 12/512 which cost me for the repair of 20k

View post
omg, that is so damn expensive.. what should we do after repair it? store inside a box and dont use it? why can this be a problem? i regret buying it..