This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Phone 3 is lagging noticeably after Last update!!!!!

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ASUS ROG Phone 3
Firmware Version: 17.0823.2009.99
Rooted or not: Not Rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: Always!!
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Every App!!!
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
@ARP_ASUS,@Panda_ASUS@Titan_ASUS@Laura_ASUS@Anders_ASUS, @Gustav_ASUS

After updating the phone, I noticed that the phone lags a little while doing anything like gaming, surfing, chatting, etc. The phone was absolute beast and was so smooth but after the update it lags a bit. Also before the update, there was very little black crush issue but after the update it is very prominent. I think the update has messed up the display calibration.
Also, I have set the refresh rate on 120Hz on the day it was delivered to me. So, the auto refresh rate is not the problem.
Please help!!!

EDIT: I forgot, after the update the camera is also lagging very much. It lags so much that it looks like I am using a camera on a phone which was released 10 years ago!!!
16 REPLIES 16

GREEKLEADER
Zen Master I
anish.aryancutie28

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: ASUS ROG Phone 3
  2. Firmware Version: 17.0823.2009.99
  3. Rooted or not: Not Rooted
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Always!!
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Every App!!!

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

@ARP_ASUS,@Panda_ASUS@Titan_ASUS@Laura_ASUS@Anders_ASUS, @Gustav_ASUS

After updating the phone, I noticed that the phone lags a little while doing anything like gaming, surfing, chatting, etc. The phone was absolute beast and was so smooth but after the update it lags a bit. Also before the update, there was very little black crush issue but after the update it is very prominent. I think the update has messed up the display calibration.

Also, I have set the refresh rate on 120Hz on the day it was delivered to me. So, the auto refresh rate is not the problem.

Please help!!!

EDIT: I forgot, after the update the camera is also lagging very much. It lags so much that it looks like I am using a camera on a phone which was released 10 years ago!!!

ROG Phone 3 is lagging noticeably after Last update!!!!!
You can either factory reset your phone,or wait till the December update drops

ajinkya017
Rising Star II
My device was also lagging. Factory reset solved it. Although I think this shouldn't happen. Being a new phone, restoring wasn't much of an issue as I am still in the process of moving on from my old phone. Factory resetting a daily driver is a tough job.

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
Can you provide us with a screen recording, or try to be more specific with what you mean? Anything that can make it easier to pinpoint the problem you are facing. 🙂

GREEKLEADER

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/41361/rog-phone-3-is-lagging-noticeably-after-last-update

You can either factory reset your phone,or wait till the December update drops

View post
I will wait for the December update, I don't want to factory reset the phone now!!!