This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery draining when idle with fingerprint on

yulfisarwahyu
Star I
I have asus Zenfone MPM2 X01BDA Firmware version .097 and facing battery drain issue.
First time im not sure thats its a battery drain because my old phone just have 2000mah battery, but i realise that the battery drain just only when phone in idle (not in use), so i tried some trick and the one work is when i turn off my fingerprint.
The result, When the fingerprint on i loss around 30-40% in 6-8 hours and data off but when in flight mode its will loss around 20-30%. When i tried to turn off the fingerprint its just take 2% in 8 hours with data off, and loss nothing in 3 hours with flight mode.
So i hope in next update the asus can fix it because sometimes i forgot that the fingerprint off and keep touching the sensor to unlock the phone.
9 REPLIES 9

AJ1
Rising Star II
yulfisarwahyu

I have asus Zenfone MPM2 X01BDA Firmware version .097 and facing battery drain issue.

First time im not sure thats its a battery drain because my old phone just have 2000mah battery, but i realise that the battery drain just only when phone in idle (not in use), so i tried some trick and the one work is when i turn off my fingerprint.

The result, When the fingerprint on i loss around 30-40% in 6-8 hours and data off but when in flight mode its will loss around 20-30%. When i tried to turn off the fingerprint its just take 2% in 8 hours with data off, and loss nothing in 3 hours with flight mode.

So i hope in next update the asus can fix it because sometimes i forgot that the fingerprint off and keep touching the sensor to unlock the phone.

Battery draining when idle with fingerprint on
Leave it, they will not be fixing it as support ended for Pro devices. For better battery, try to remove fingerprint & check, calibrate the battery & check, if still not resolve then might ur phone's battery would have swollen, in this case then u need to replace it.

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi yulfisarwahyu
Thank you for your asking. After checking, neither WW-16.2017.2009.097 nor WW-17.2018.2007.428 has the fingerprint battery drain issue in my device. Have you ever broken or fallen your device before? If your situation remains the same after performing the Factory Reset, please bring your device to the nearest repair center for hardware checking.

pvkrishnanunni
Star III
Christine_ASUS

Hi yulfisarwahyu

Thank you for your asking. After checking, neither WW-16.2017.2009.097 nor WW-17.2018.2007.428 has the fingerprint battery drain issue in my device. Have you ever broken or fallen your device before? If your situation remains the same after performing the Factory Reset, please bring your device to the nearest repair center for hardware checking.

View post
Did the support for max pro devices ended? Do we get any further updates?

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
While this thread is discussing about ZenFone Max Pro M2, to my knowledge, yes there still has system update. Please be patient.