Star I
System: W10 AND UBUNTU
Battery or AC: AC
Model: X512UA
Frequency of occurrence: always
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:after installing an external mouse with USB tongle, internal bluetooth is not working anymore.
I removed the usb tongle but bluetooth is not showed anymore in device administrator, only the Qualcomm wifi card.
I tried to reinstall drivers downloaded from drivers website as in ASUS web support mentions that X512 model has Intel adaptor but doing a hardware check, the wifi and bluetooth card is a QCA9377 802.11ac Wireless Network Adapter. Not working in any case.
I enter in BIOS and I tried to block and unblock bluetooth (with a restart between both actions) but still not working.
i tried with Ubuntu (I have both OS installed) but with button in ON position it is always not showing up.
Any idea? I don't think it is a hardware issue because until installation of USB dongle it was working perfectly.
And a second question, USB C port in this model is display port? I am not able to connect an external monitor with it
Thanks for your support
Eugenio
3 REPLIES 3

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello Zenka,
It's a bit strange, this device should be using Intel Wifi card.
And the USB C port does not support display export.
May you load default BIOS setting and see if it works?
If the problem persists, please kindly send your device to service center for further examination.
Thank you.

Zenka
Star I
Thanks Blake, after some days now bluetooth has appeared again and it works perfectly. Just switching off and on the laptop and it works! In device administrator under bluetooth I see Qualcom Atheros bluetooth and Bluetooth LE Microsoft plus bluetooth device RFCOMM protocol TDI.
Thanks in any case for your reply. Now I know usb c is not supporting display 😞

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello Zenka,
Thank you for the update.
If there is any other issue. Let me know anytime.