This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog Phone 3 stopped charging with company provided charger (no physical damage)

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: rog phone 3
Firmware Version: 17.0823.2009.99
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: constant
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
hi there, here's another frustrating experience from ASUS.

here is the situation:
phone purchased on nov 5
everything working fine until December 2nd
phone not charging using company provided charged from Dec 3rd
tried restarting, didnt work
tried factory reset, didnt work
phone not charging with a spare samsung charger either
but phone charges if i connect to laptop with the company provided type c cord
no information anywhere on the internet on how to resolve (similar discussions were closed on this forum)
call center: totally unaware of this issue and giving very noob advice like switch off/on and/or trying to diagnose the situation without understanding the concern
service center unreachable (bangalore)
unable to return phone because product return window has expired
So basically, after spending more than $750, im stuck with a brick that requires 8 hours to fully charge each time and no support anywhere on the service center, customer care or retailer.
I have never in the past heard of such an issue with any phone (let alone experience it)
Appreciate speedy support on this matter

Regards,
Vasanth
14 REPLIES 14

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@vasanthbalachandhran That's good to hear!
So far that fix has worked for other users without repeat occurrences of the same issue after running it. But please get back to me in a couple of days and let me know if everything still works!
Thanks for reaching out! 🙂

Swadesh
Star III
Gustav_ASUS

@vasanthbalachandhran That's good to hear!

So far that fix has worked for other users without repeat occurrences of the same issue after running it. But please get back to me in a couple of days and let me know if everything still works!

Thanks for reaching out! 🙂

View post
Can you send me fix as well?
My phone stopped charging with official charger as well.
@vasanthbalachandhran @Gustav_ASUS

@Gustav_ASUS I bring bad news :(. The issue is back but slightly different from my original situation.
As I woke up today and plugged in, the battery icon on the phone looked different. It felt like a regular charging icon rather than a hyper charging icon and then suddenly, the phone started to charge and stop, in a fast repeated loop. I disconnected the phone from the rog phone 3 charger and tried charging my phone with my samsung charger and it was working (unlike the first time i reported the issue) but it requires 2 hours to charge from 50-100%. The rog phone 3 charger is still able to charge other devices so, no change there.
Its just bizzare. Its like whatever fixes it only works for a day and then it comes back in some new avatar.

Gustav - please let me know what error reports/diagnostics you would like me to send and how 🙂
I'm sooooo convinced you're the only hope i got

Swadesh
Star III
What did you do first time to fix it?
My phone doesn't charge with official charger at all.

There is an apk file that Gustav sent. Just need to run that. The phone switches off and then was charging alright for a day but now, waiting on Gustav again