This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera cannot flip

lovesh_460
Star I
Asus 6z camera is not working properly. Problem in camera flipping feature.I am using brand new unrooted Asus 6z phone in India, on touching flip camera icon in Asus stock camera application to use it as front camera, it doesn't flips the view 180° and shows in reverse and shows a message "Camera cannot flip".
And when I click the flip camera icon again to use it as main rear camera, I doesn't retracts back and shows same message "Camera cannot flip" and keep the view reversed.
All of this happens when I hold it in Verticle Position. However if I hold it in Horizontal Axis parallel to ground - It works normally.
Another Problem - Unable to perform sensor calibration from calibrate camera angle option.
Please help to resolve this issue. 

9 REPLIES 9

scheggia1190
Star I
I have the same problem!!!

ayan_sharma87
Star II
Asus 6z camera is not working properly. Problem in camera flipping feature.I am using brand new unrooted Asus 6z phone in India, on touching flip camera icon in Asus stock camera application to use it as front camera, it doesn't flips the view 180° and shows in reverse and shows a message "Camera cannot flip".
And when I click the flip camera icon again to use it as main rear camera, I doesn't retracts back and shows same message "Camera cannot flip" and keep the view reversed.
All of this happens when I hold it in Verticle Position. However if I hold it in Horizontal Axis parallel to ground - It works normally.
Another Problem - Unable to perform sensor calibration from calibrate camera angle option.
Please help to resolve this issue. 

Getting the Same problem every day twice or thrice. In my case, when I click to flip the camera for a selfie, firstly it says 'Camera can't flip' and camera comes out a little. And when I again click to flip the camera to come to front, it flips to the front normally. This issue is now becoming more frequent now and gets very awkward when you have to take a group selfie or have to show the phone to someone else. Very embarrassing it is.

nirajsinlife
Star II
I'am facing the same issue I went to Asus service they told me it was water damaged and it would cost me extra 15000 rupees I refused to pay but after few days my camera was back to normal and it flipping normally and image was not reversed but again after few weeks I'm facing this issues again. Please help Asus !!!

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi
Several cases concerning this have been resolved due to the root cause being that a cover (or screen protector that collected dust, was used  - covering the proximity sensor located in the front. Even a slight cover of that sensor may cause this - as it is intentional design that when the proximity is being covered the camera should stop its rotation. 

Please first help check that  your cover/case used is not covering the sensor (it is located on the top right part of the phone, between the edge and the earpiece mesh).

Occasionally it could happen that the camera isnt responding to the flip command - which may happen as is 'normal' but we are not talking about it happening all the time - or even 50% of the time. If every second flip or even every third, fourth, flip gives an error , please help to first check the above scenario.