This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best VR headset for ZenBook Pro Duo

nidaoust
Star I
A friend is selling his old HTC Vive, that I know works with my ZenBook Pro Duo. However, I wanted to compare with other compatible VR headsets before making a descision.
I am almost certain the Valve Index and Oculus Rift S are out of the running. reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/fkxqa7/oculus_rift_s_and_the_asus_zenbook_pro_duo
HDMI can only power low-resolution VR headsets; the higher-resolution ones require DisplayPort. The USB-C Thunderbolt port of the Pro Duo could substitute... depending, possibly, on whether it's connected to the dedicated GPU.
The ZenBook Pro Duo is more than powerful enough for VR, but what are the best headsets it can accomodate?
4 REPLIES 4

nidaoust
Star I
Thank you for the link; I meant to have it in my original post too. Those Reddit and ZenTalk threads are all I could find about Duo-VR compatibility.
I figured instead of asking "is this particular VR headset compatible", I'd ask the question from another angle, "what's the best compatible VR headset", while hoping there's more information after a couple months.

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
nidaoust

Thank you for the link; I meant to have it in my original post too. Those Reddit and ZenTalk threads are all I could find about Duo-VR compatibility.

I figured instead of asking "is this particular VR headset compatible", I'd ask the question from another angle, "what's the best compatible VR headset", while hoping there's more information after a couple months.

View post
sorry we can't say which is best compatible VR headset unless user checks all available VR headset in the market.

Liviu
Rising Star II
RAJU.MSC.MATHEMATICS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/137339#Comment_137339

sorry we can't say which is best compatible VR headset unless user checks all available VR headset in the market.

View post
You give the most useless and random comments on this forum.