samridhs70
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: asus rog 2
Firmware Version: ww_17.0240.2009.49_0
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence: constant
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): game Genie maybe
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
See the problem is I assume started when I upgraded to Android 10 idk maybe . The microphone doesn't work in games like pubg or codm everywhere else microphone is fine . I tried uninstalling updates of game genie and have given all permissions to all applications but everything in vain . I hear my teammates voices loud and but they can't hear anything frome at all pls help of anyone knows anything . Thankyou 🙏🙏
10 REPLIES 10

ronald1985
Community Legend I
samridhs70

Naah I checked microphones again all 4 of them are good but still I can't speak to my friends in pubg or codm .. it's Android 10 I read somewhere that game genie has some problems with it . Is it because of that ?

View post
Which post are you referring to?
The issue I know is the going to YouTube live and this was addressed using Play Store update to Game Genie.

samridhs70
Star I
Yep I mean I also know that the thing is I read somewhere that if I launch the game without game genie the game microphone starts working but than the air triggers don't work . My issue is I can't talk to my squad in pubg or codm but I can hear them loud and clear and now I've also tested my microphones and they're all good so I'm assuming this is a problem with software . I googled and came to know about people having some different problem and uninstalling updates of game genie so I did the same for my prob I had nth to lose but it was of no use.

ronald1985
Community Legend I
samridhs70

Yep I mean I also know that the thing is I read somewhere that if I launch the game without game genie the game microphone starts working but than the air triggers don't work . My issue is I can't talk to my squad in pubg or codm but I can hear them loud and clear and now I've also tested my microphones and they're all good so I'm assuming this is a problem with software . I googled and came to know about people having some different problem and uninstalling updates of game genie so I did the same for my prob I had nth to lose but it was of no use.

View post
This is probably a simple one and you may have already done this. For CODM and PUBGM, does the microphone have permission? Likewise, does Game Genie have microphone permissions?

ronald1985
Community Legend I
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/137530#Comment_137530

This is probably a simple one and you may have already done this. For CODM and PUBGM, does the microphone have permission? Likewise, does Game Genie have microphone permissions?

View post
If the above fails, go to Settings - System - Reset options - Reset app preferences.
By the way, are you using a earphone/headphone?

samridhs70
Star I
All apps have all permissions like game Genie and armoury crate especially microphone permissions . I checked that specially even the game has microphone and storage permissions it still doesn't work.