Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone stopped charging, then locked up.

ThomasHowl
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Zenfone 6, Blue,
Firmware Version: Unsure. Updated a few days back I believe.
Rooted or not: Not
Frequency of Occurrence: 2 times
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): System
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Seems I'm not alone in the recent lockup issue. I'm here to report that my phone just locked up as well.
It was and has been working fine, but tonight I noticed that it stopped charging around 25%. I unplugged and plugged it back in, but nothing happened. I switched the cable connection from my front use to the one in the rear of my van and it charged for a solid 2 seconds, then the entire UI locked up. I couldn't get it to do anything with the standard power button, so I tried forcing a restart with Volume Down + Power. That did the trick as far as getting it to restart. But it wouldn't boot. I tried various methods including using the charger while pressing power, different button presses, etc. After about 15 minutes of this, the Qualcomm logo finally started appearing on start up, but it still wouldn't boot. Another 5 minutes later, I finally got it to boot, but the power had dropped to 6%. Since I knew I couldn't do a backup on 6%, I decided to test my theory that the charger insertion was the cause. I plugged it in and it instantly locked up. Since then, I have been unable to get the phone to take a charge, show the Qualcomm logo, or boot. I killed it completely as far as battery goes, and it doesn't give any indication of charging. All it will do is show the green image that says it requires a charge. I've read through some of the posts on here, but I wonder if there will be any solutions found. Since I'm on my tablet with no phone and working over the road, I might not be able to answer any questions very quickly .
5 REPLIES 5

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
ThomasHowl

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: Zenfone 6, Blue,
  2. Firmware Version: Unsure. Updated a few days back I believe.
  3. Rooted or not: Not
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: 2 times
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): System

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

Seems I'm not alone in the recent lockup issue. I'm here to report that my phone just locked up as well.

It was and has been working fine, but tonight I noticed that it stopped charging around 25%. I unplugged and plugged it back in, but nothing happened. I switched the cable connection from my front use to the one in the rear of my van and it charged for a solid 2 seconds, then the entire UI locked up. I couldn't get it to do anything with the standard power button, so I tried forcing a restart with Volume Down + Power. That did the trick as far as getting it to restart. But it wouldn't boot. I tried various methods including using the charger while pressing power, different button presses, etc. After about 15 minutes of this, the Qualcomm logo finally started appearing on start up, but it still wouldn't boot. Another 5 minutes later, I finally got it to boot, but the power had dropped to 6%. Since I knew I couldn't do a backup on 6%, I decided to test my theory that the charger insertion was the cause. I plugged it in and it instantly locked up. Since then, I have been unable to get the phone to take a charge, show the Qualcomm logo, or boot. I killed it completely as far as battery goes, and it doesn't give any indication of charging. All it will do is show the green image that says it requires a charge. I've read through some of the posts on here, but I wonder if there will be any solutions found. Since I'm on my tablet with no phone and working over the road, I might not be able to answer any questions very quickly .

Phone stopped charging, then locked up.
The only thing I can suggest is that you try charging with another charger. If that doesn't help, then you need to send it in for repair.

ThomasHowl
Star I
Anders_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/41150/phone-stopped-charging-then-locked-up

The only thing I can suggest is that you try charging with another charger. If that doesn't help, then you need to send it in for repair.

View post
Unlikely that I'll pay to fix it. If a pampered phone can barely last a year and fails at absolute random, I'll be buying a different brand. This is truly unnaceptable. I've still got functional Samsung's from 2010, and this phone can barely last a year and half past launch? Pathetic.
This response was even posted from an OG Galaxy Tab 10.1. Almost 10 years old. Holds a charge, boots, and even connects to modern Wi-Fi. But this phone can't be bothered to last two years? This is how to lose customers 101. Which really saddens me... I loved this phone..

axsilvaesilv
Star I
Tenho ZenFone 6 e o primeiro aparelho parou de carregar, estava na garantia e me deram um novo. Sendo que o novo está com 9 meses de uso e a bateria desde ontem carregando e não completou ainda.
O que fazer? Poxa gostei tanto do meu aparelho.😔

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
ThomasHowl

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/137266#Comment_137266

Unlikely that I'll pay to fix it. If a pampered phone can barely last a year and fails at absolute random, I'll be buying a different brand. This is truly unnaceptable. I've still got functional Samsung's from 2010, and this phone can barely last a year and half past launch? Pathetic.

This response was even posted from an OG Galaxy Tab 10.1. Almost 10 years old. Holds a charge, boots, and even connects to modern Wi-Fi. But this phone can't be bothered to last two years? This is how to lose customers 101. Which really saddens me... I loved this phone..

View post
I completely understand your sentiment, having the phone last for less than a year is not a good look for its reliability. That said, if it is less than 12 months old it would still be in warranty and we would repair it for you free of charge. If you're interested in getting an RMA started, please email me at cl-lane@asus.com and I'd be happy to help.