Nengah
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Asus ROG Phone 3
Firmware Version: 17.0823.2009.99
Rooted or not:.not
Frequency of Occurrence: Frequently
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): The whole phone
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I have owned the ROG phone 3 for about two months and I'm noticing significant battery drainage more than its supposed to drain for a 6000mAh battery. It drains a lot of battery for only such a short period of screen time for example I woke up at 5:30 this morning and I charged it to 75% over night. It's now 6:50am and it's already at 70% and I have only had 17minutes of SOT. I have only experienced the battery hot when I used the fast charger supplied with the phone other than that I only use a 5watt charger overnight. Could this be a software issue? Or a defect in my device. Please help me as I don't want to send the device away as with past experience it takes months to receive the phone back. Please note that the photo showing the power master stats isn't accurate for the current day period as it's showing stats from yesterday

11 REPLIES 11

devicentextian
Rising Star II
mushharry

Im having this issue as well. idle it 3am to 9am, dropped 4% of battery without doing anything.

I didnt play any game while scrolling also dropping around 11% for an hour. which seems quite a headache.

View post
this is also why screen is always at the top when you look your battery details

mushharry
Star I
devicentextian

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/137399#Comment_137399

did you think 6000mah doesn't drain or something??? ofc it will drain using it or not, find a different phone and idle it would also lose battery. scrolling only??? you are using your screen and screen uses more battery than most games.

View post
so which is mean you're decided to being sarcastic instead of explain it nicely. and you think that my Oneplus nord battery is better than rogphone3 rite? in 1 hour, i just spent 23min on gallery to select image to delete, total time 1hour10min that including with idle and it drop for 12% is normal? and you mean screen use more battery than most games which is mean games doesnt use the screen? lmao. or you wanna tell me that scrolling facebook is having more power consumption than high graphic game? my one plus nord idle for the whole night but only dropping 1 or 2%. ofc I will be having doubt on it right? not to mention my rogphone is constantly being heat up for no reason.

GREEKLEADER
Zen Master I
mushharry

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/137402#Comment_137402

so which is mean you're decided to being sarcastic instead of explain it nicely. and you think that my Oneplus nord battery is better than rogphone3 rite? in 1 hour, i just spent 23min on gallery to select image to delete, total time 1hour10min that including with idle and it drop for 12% is normal? and you mean screen use more battery than most games which is mean games doesnt use the screen? lmao. or you wanna tell me that scrolling facebook is having more power consumption than high graphic game? my one plus nord idle for the whole night but only dropping 1 or 2%. ofc I will be having doubt on it right? not to mention my rogphone is constantly being heat up for no reason.

View post
We'll get a replacement then,also what Hertz is it on?144? My phone can last a good day of scrolling on 60 hertz lmao
And yes he is right about games,some games have high FPS and some others have low,low FPS means less battery drained so try to optimise the settings to favour the battery if you never want to charge,and always have the phone on 60 hertz just like the one plus Nord which has half the power and features of the Rog 3...
You'll also have to compromise video game performance if you want the battery to last longer and close all the apps in the background all the time
If you don't follow these steps for your battery then don't complain about the battery and accept that this phone gives its best even when idle waiting for your touch 270 times...

devicentextian
Rising Star II
mushharry

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/137402#Comment_137402

View post
wait what???? did I mention about anything on your oneplus nord WHO?? also did I also said high graphics game??? idk if you're joking or what... OFC it uses screen whenever you play games but sometimes screen usage is higher than playing games, CODM (MP) for example I uses more battery on screen than the game itself.

mushharry
Star I
GREEKLEADER

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/137429#Comment_137429

We'll get a replacement then,also what Hertz is it on?144? My phone can last a good day of scrolling on 60 hertz lmao

And yes he is right about games,some games have high FPS and some others have low,low FPS means less battery drained so try to optimise the settings to favour the battery if you never want to charge,and always have the phone on 60 hertz just like the one plus Nord which has half the power and features of the Rog 3...

You'll also have to compromise video game performance if you want the battery to last longer and close all the apps in the background all the time

If you don't follow these steps for your battery then don't complain about the battery and accept that this phone gives its best even when idle waiting for your touch 270 times...

View post
Alright, Thanks for the answer. I will try on what you had mentioned. Lets see if theres some change on it. ☺️