Asusdive
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ASUS_I001DC
Firmware Version: Android 10 .49
Rooted or not: Not
Frequency of Occurrence: Continuously
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Before one year (this dec 2020 will be a year), my ROG 2 suddenly giving out charging port too hot notification with great battery drain.
I brought it to a service centre and after some repair (some parts replaced such as the motherboard except the battery, battery drain was and still my issue as well), they gave back to me.
Before a month, my repaired phone suddenly freezes and keep restarting (bootloop). I brought it again to the service centre and this time they said it was the battery (😞, if only they tried to listen).
After the repaired, there is no bootloop whatsoever, but the battery drain is still there. They revert my software back to A9 and when I asked why their reason was because A9 is th most stable and best Android version for this phone.
So I just would to ask:
1. Why I dont feel kike this phone is equipped with 6000 mah battery?, I don't even turn on location or sync
2. Why does the A10 for this phone is not stable it has been almost a year and even ROG 3 has already come out?
3. I tried using twin dock view2 and that contributes to even greater battery drain, is it normal? Considering that this phone will need to power up 2 screens on the same time, but Twin dock view has its own battery right?
Sorry if my post is a little bit messy. This is the first time I made a post and even not much of information can be gathered through surfing.
Attached is my screenshot for battery usage, I used to have 12 SOT and right now its only half of it (you can see my twin dock view actually helps to charge it, therefore I got better SOT now)
screenshot-20201109-163530798.jpg

1 REPLY 1

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
Asusdive

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: ASUS_I001DC
  2. Firmware Version: Android 10 .49
  3. Rooted or not: Not
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Continuously
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

Before one year (this dec 2020 will be a year), my ROG 2 suddenly giving out charging port too hot notification with great battery drain.

I brought it to a service centre and after some repair (some parts replaced such as the motherboard except the battery, battery drain was and still my issue as well), they gave back to me.

Before a month, my repaired phone suddenly freezes and keep restarting (bootloop). I brought it again to the service centre and this time they said it was the battery (😞, if only they tried to listen).

After the repaired, there is no bootloop whatsoever, but the battery drain is still there. They revert my software back to A9 and when I asked why their reason was because A9 is th most stable and best Android version for this phone.

So I just would to ask:

1. Why I dont feel kike this phone is equipped with 6000 mah battery?, I don't even turn on location or sync

2. Why does the A10 for this phone is not stable it has been almost a year and even ROG 3 has already come out?

3. I tried using twin dock view2 and that contributes to even greater battery drain, is it normal? Considering that this phone will need to power up 2 screens on the same time, but Twin dock view has its own battery right?

Sorry if my post is a little bit messy. This is the first time I made a post and even not much of information can be gathered through surfing.

Attached is my screenshot for battery usage, I used to have 12 SOT and right now its only half of it (you can see my twin dock view actually helps to charge it, therefore I got better SOT now)

screenshot-20201109-163530798.jpg

ASUS Rog 2 after went through service centre
Sorry about the late reply. The screenshot above isn't helpful if you played with twinview for several hours. If this was without the twinview, then I'd say that you have great battery life. 5h SOT and 53% left.
Generally, I can tell you that you will never be able to reach 12h SOT with most games. You must have been playing really simple games back then with social media apps that doesn't consume much power. This has nothing to do with A9 or A10.
You could probably get 12h or more today with A10 by denying all apps to auto start and force closing them to make sure there are no power draining apps in the background. Then you run youtube continously with 50% brightness until the phone reaches 5%.