Nengah
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Asus ROG Phone 3
Firmware Version: 17.0823.2009.99
Rooted or not:.not
Frequency of Occurrence: Frequently
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): The whole phone
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I have owned the ROG phone 3 for about two months and I'm noticing significant battery drainage more than its supposed to drain for a 6000mAh battery. It drains a lot of battery for only such a short period of screen time for example I woke up at 5:30 this morning and I charged it to 75% over night. It's now 6:50am and it's already at 70% and I have only had 17minutes of SOT. I have only experienced the battery hot when I used the fast charger supplied with the phone other than that I only use a 5watt charger overnight. Could this be a software issue? Or a defect in my device. Please help me as I don't want to send the device away as with past experience it takes months to receive the phone back. Please note that the photo showing the power master stats isn't accurate for the current day period as it's showing stats from yesterday

11 REPLIES 11

devicentextian
Rising Star II
Nengah

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: Asus ROG Phone 3
  2. Firmware Version: 17.0823.2009.99
  3. Rooted or not:.not
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Frequently
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): The whole phone

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

I have owned the ROG phone 3 for about two months and I'm noticing significant battery drainage more than its supposed to drain for a 6000mAh battery. It drains a lot of battery for only such a short period of screen time for example I woke up at 5:30 this morning and I charged it to 75% over night. It's now 6:50am and it's already at 70% and I have only had 17minutes of SOT. I have only experienced the battery hot when I used the fast charger supplied with the phone other than that I only use a 5watt charger overnight. Could this be a software issue? Or a defect in my device. Please help me as I don't want to send the device away as with past experience it takes months to receive the phone back. Please note that the photo showing the power master stats isn't accurate for the current day period as it's showing stats from yesterday

screenshot-20201203-065044252.jpg

screenshot-20201203-065040094.jpg

screenshot-20201203-065011685.jpg

Battery Draining
charge the phone to 100% then drain it to 10% and post your SOT without charging the phone when you screenshot it.

Nengah
Star I
devicentextian

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/41130/battery-draining

charge the phone to 100% then drain it to 10% and post your SOT without charging the phone when you screenshot it.

View post
Okay I'll have to post it tomorrow

mushharry
Star I
Im having this issue as well. idle it 3am to 9am, dropped 4% of battery without doing anything.
I didnt play any game while scrolling also dropping around 11% for an hour. which seems quite a headache.

devicentextian
Rising Star II
mushharry

Im having this issue as well. idle it 3am to 9am, dropped 4% of battery without doing anything.

I didnt play any game while scrolling also dropping around 11% for an hour. which seems quite a headache.

View post
did you think 6000mah doesn't drain or something??? ofc it will drain using it or not, find a different phone and idle it would also lose battery. scrolling only??? you are using your screen and screen uses more battery than most games.