System : Zenbook Flip UX370UA
Battery or AC: both
Model: UX370UA
Frequency of occurrence: twice now
Reset OS: no
Screenshot or video: n/a
========================
Hi,
my headphone jack has stopped working again.
When I plug the headphones in, the speakers immediately go silent and I can see on screen if the audio settings are open, the headphones replace the speakers in the options, but no sound comes out through the headphones. Total silence - no hiss or click even.
When this happened first time (last month) you told me to send the zenbook back. So I did, and the engineer contacted me to say that this was a software problem and nothing to do with the hardware, they did a 'factory reset' and it worked again.
I had to reinstall everything, and everything was fine for a week. Now it's happened again.
I don't know what a factory reset is, but if it involves reinstalling everything, I'm not too keen on that as a solution. I would be happy to do it one more time if there was also something else I can do to fix it permanently.
What do you advise?
Thanks
Adam

3 REPLIES 3

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello Adam,
A factory reset means resetting the whole Windows system.
Windows 10 - How to restore the system to factory default settings? | Official Support | ASUS GlobalSo if the problem happens after you install some thing new, then we need to dig in and find out which one is the cause.
Maybe you can start to uninstall some of the things you recently installed.
Also, are you able to select playback device and the issue is the same?
And it happens under any kinds of scenario? like when any program is running?
image.png
Thank you.

adam_hardy
Star II
Oh is that all? Basically just a complete new installation wiping out the existing one, but no hardware changes or anything like that?

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello Adam,
According to the description
"the engineer contacted me to say that this was a software problem and nothing to do with the hardware, they did a 'factory reset' and it worked again."
there were no change on the hardware since it's not a hardware issue.
Thank you.