This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Battery Health Charging Not Working as Expected

ljg100
Star I
I have a new Asus Vivobook S513 laptop. The laptop is plugged in most of the time. The bios and Asus System Control Interface V2 driver as well as MyASUS app are all up-to-date. I set the Battery Health Charging setting to Maximum Lifespan. The laptop used Asus balanced mode power settings and will go to sleep after X minutes.
To test the Battery Health Charging functionality, I discharged my battery to 58% and applied the Maximum Lifespan setting. It seemed to work for a short period, but after an extended sleep period and/or use, the laptop charged to 100%.
How is this functionality supposed to work? Will it control the charge level even when the system is shutdown, but plugged in? Does sleep mode effect its functionality? Overall, this appears to be a poorly implemented feature. Finally, other functions such as Splendid mode work correctly from the MyASUS app.
3 REPLIES 3

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello ljg100,
May we double check when you set the battery mode in MyASUS, it was when you unplug the adapter or already plug the adapter back?
Also, please kindly long press the power button for 40 seconds and see if it gets better.
Thank you.

ljg100
Star I
Battery mode was selected when the unit was plugged in and then the unit was allowed to run down to 58% charge.

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello ljg100,
And have you long press the power button for 40 seconds?
How is it?
Thank you.