System: Windows 10
Battery or AC: both
Model: UX431F
Frequency of occurrence: every time I start the PC
Reset OS: I did it
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:
Hello, it's me again, the girl from this topic (https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/37924/problems-with-asus-zenbook-14-ux431f#latest)
I have a brand new problem that I don't know if I should worry about: every time I start up the pc, between the "ASUS, in search of incredible" and the "Windows log in screen" I always notice a black screen with grey vertical stripes formed by dots. It's in a blink of an eye, but this was something that didn't happen before.
Also, sometimes, when I use Zoom for meetings, the screen goes black (also this happens in a blink of an eye and not always); I read somewhere that this is an issue that Zoom has with NVIDIA, but still.
What can I do? Is this something bad? Or I should give up and take the PC into assistance?
Thank you!
8 REPLIES 8

Liviu
Rising Star II
Check to see whether you have the latest bios. Black screen / artifacts is not an expected behavior or something that we need to get used to it and move forward. It affects the normal usage of the device.

I'm new to Asus, so I cannot give a more detailed feedback, but from what I've noticed, it seems usual to have these type of issues with all the devices from this brand, from budget to high end. It may be that here in Europe we have certain expectations from the devices than other part of the world.

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello Maria,
Please kindly check if your BIOS and Windows are both up to date.
And the Black screen only happens with Zoom?
How about other software like Skype, google meet, teams?
Please refer to below Zoom FAQ
Black screen during screen sharingThank you.

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
mariavictoriabussoletti
  1. System: Windows 10
  2. Battery or AC: both
  3. Model: UX431F
  4. Frequency of occurrence: every time I start the PC
  5. Reset OS: I did it
  6. Screenshot or video:

========================

Detailed description:

Hello, it's me again, the girl from this topic (https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/37924/problems-with-asus-zenbook-14-ux431f#latest)

I have a brand new problem that I don't know if I should worry about: every time I start up the pc, between the "ASUS, in search of incredible" and the "Windows log in screen" I always notice a black screen with grey vertical stripes formed by dots. It's in a blink of an eye, but this was something that didn't happen before.

Also, sometimes, when I use Zoom for meetings, the screen goes black (also this happens in a blink of an eye and not always); I read somewhere that this is an issue that Zoom has with NVIDIA, but still.

What can I do? Is this something bad? Or I should give up and take the PC into assistance?

Thank you!

UX431F Screen issues
cause 1
Corrupted file from either zoom or from nvidia
cause 2
Many applications are running in background , so most ram memory will be occupied.
casue 3
nvidia Graphics driver might be corrupted or incompatible driver like .dll or .sys
cause 4
zoom application might controlled by antivirus , so exclude this application and all related files .
install compatible graphics driver which is signed by WHQL

mariavictoriabu
Star II
Windows update is up - to - date, yesterday I mad the last download.
About BIOS I'm not an expert, I checked that for my PC I have the version 308, since 23/5/2020.
In my asus page these are the avaiable drivers... they look more recent but the version is the same, don't know what to do.
image.png

I've already checked for corrupted files on my PC and there were none, but I have AVAST as antivirus and I'll try to disable it... I've read that this antivirus is causing many problems due to its sensibility.
Thanks to all for your help!