This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 6z is an Absolute Disaster

nikhil_sen93
Star III
I purchased my zenfone 6z in the end of june and after a few day's of usage my phone kept crashing and restarting on it's own. I gave my phone to the service center located in borivali (mumbai), they said that the phone could not be repaired and they will have to ship this phone to their service center in dadar (mumbai) and the whole process will take 14 days... after 14 days i get my phone back and i expect it to work... the same day i took my phone back it started restarting again,

After this i again went to the service center and this time too they took 14 days all over again and still till date my phone keeps restarting and crashing... It's been a month now and i have completely lost faith in your service centers and the service you provide.

I am sick and tired of writing mails, calling the helpline number and travelling to and fro the service center, I do not think that you possess the quality and expertise to repair the device you have created. 

So i request that you either find a way to repair this faulty phone that i have or replace it.. Trust me i will be happier if you refund the money but again you will say that the refund is done only within 7 days... 

12 REPLIES 12

nikhil_sen93
Star III
You have fallen into the ASUS support vortex. Bring a lot of patience, you will need it. Most times they can sort things out but it's not easy to navigate through the many people it generally takes to see an issue resolved. It will get resolved, but just be persistent and try not to get frustrated.
I completely understand... i have an effort to talk to the technicians send them links from zentalk, xda developers, android police. These sites have clearly mentioned that it's a motherboard issue cause by a software update.... Even after this they just reset the device and send it back without testing... They say we have worked on the software... what a lie as if i don't understand what they have done

ColorSage
Zen Master I
I wouldn't be so sure about origin of that failure. If it is software, why only such a small percentage of devices died? Does the .174 fix that? Considering new reports, not really.

MisterSavage
Rising Star I
One thing I've learned is that most of the support staff are obtuse in nature. Keeping that in mind, you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink. You could point out the most obvious, but sometimes people are blind to the obvious. Think like they think and maybe you will get somewhere. In addition to that, when you send in a device for repair, think of it like a game of Bingo. Like a lottery. Hope that you land on the right technician or the right support staff. Not easy, but it can be done. One other thing to consider is that it's not an iPhone priced device. In other words, the situation could be worse. If you paid more, think of the added aggravation you might be experiencing. I hope you update this thread with good news/resolution. I'm still mid-aged so I should be around to read about it should you post something.

nikhil_sen93
Star III
One thing I've learned is that most of the support staff are obtuse in nature. Keeping that in mind, you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink. You could point out the most obvious, but sometimes people are blind to the obvious. Think like they think and maybe you will get somewhere. In addition to that, when you send in a device for repair, think of it like a game of Bingo. Like a lottery. Hope that you land on the right technician or the right support staff. Not easy, but it can be done. One other thing to consider is that it's not an iPhone priced device. In other words, the situation could be worse. If you paid more, think of the added aggravation you might be experiencing. I hope you update this thread with good news/resolution. I'm still mid-aged so I should be around to read about it should you post something.
I get what you mean... but it's really unfair on asus's behalf to claim that they have fixed the device and send it back even without testing... Ok, i agree that i am not the only customer out there and there must be a lot of other devices they wish to repair motherboards, laptops what not.... But a month is too much, it just shows that they are not capable of handling it.

Rangzen
Rising Star II
I don't face restarting issue but it's next to dead, if the phone battery dies then it doesn't charge then I will have to press (-) + (+) simultaneously to turn it on - that even at normal charging speed. Fast charging is long dead, this has become my daily ordeal. Imagine going through this daily chraging overnight for 6 - 7 hours.
Did factory reset number of times, even purchased Ausmo cable few days ago thinking it is the cable issues but no avail. Asus should have tested those devices before selling to Indian customers. I know there are lot of customers who face the same issue but sadly they are not stepping up to raise this issue. I'm now thinking to raise a dispute in Consumer court.