Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Phone just died after few days of android 11 update

ZT-7f9ab711
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Asus 6z
Firmware Version:can't tell as I couldn't start it...
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence: just this time... haven't got another chance
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================

13 REPLIES 13

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
Paladin

It is the same for me. Even took the phone to ASUS Service Centre in Singapore and this is what they said

image.png

The unit is around 7 months old. Any help would be appreciated.

Essentially the unit was very lightly used because of Covid 19 lockdown and work from home. This means the phone is left switched off as I find it too distracting during teleconferences.

1. Model Name: Asus 6
  2. Firmware Version:can't tell as I couldn't start it...
  3. Rooted or not: not
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: just this time... haven't got another chance
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

Basically the phone refused to start. Have tried power up+power button repeatedly before taking it to the ASUS Service Centre.

View post
I said Volume DOWN + Power. Anyway, if they service center replies like this, it's usually because they've found some customer induced damage like clear drop marks or that the moisture indicators inside has changed color (due to moister/water damage). Only they can tell you why it's not under warranty.

dushvader
Star III
Anders_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/133181#Comment_133181

I said Volume DOWN + Power. Anyway, if they service center replies like this, it's usually because they've found some customer induced damage like clear drop marks or that the moisture indicators inside has changed color (due to moister/water damage). Only they can tell you why it's not under warranty.

View post
This happened on my phone. Received a Android 11 beta update patch. Didn't apply and the phone switched off some time later. Tried power button, connected the charger, power button + volume down also didn't work. After many failed attempts tried long pressing power button + volume down for 15 seconds and voila phone booted on normally.

Paladin
Star III
Anders_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/133181#Comment_133181

View post
Sent to 3rd party repair shop. Awaiting review results. There may be hope.

ESHWAR
Star I
Paladin

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/133810#Comment_133810

Sent to 3rd party repair shop. Awaiting review results. There may be hope.

View post
please update what happened and the cost too

Paladin
Star III
Sadly could not be fixed 😞