ux
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Rog 3
Firmware Version: WW-17.0823.2009.99
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence: daily
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Android auto sync
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
same as a previous post which has been closed, my phone is turning off Auto sync every day. When I start to use my phone in the morning, "auto sync" is turned off. I have a system message prompting me to turn it back on.
The game genie turns on your n the evening when I'm playing and I cutting off messages and phone call but I don't turn on data only.
My calendar appointment and emails aren't sync until the system message prompt me to turn it back on.
Does someone has the same bug?

It's really annoying.

Many thanks

Mika
4 REPLIES 4

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
ux

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: Rog 3
  2. Firmware Version: WW-17.0823.2009.99
  3. Rooted or not: not
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: daily
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Android auto sync

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

same as a previous post which has been closed, my phone is turning off Auto sync every day. When I start to use my phone in the morning, "auto sync" is turned off. I have a system message prompting me to turn it back on.

The game genie turns on your n the evening when I'm playing and I cutting off messages and phone call but I don't turn on data only.

My calendar appointment and emails aren't sync until the system message prompt me to turn it back on.

Does someone has the same bug?

It's really annoying.

Many thanks

Mika

Account sync turning off
Sorry about the late reply. Are you still experiencing this issue? Do you have any special calendar app or an app like tasker. Any app that could have a reason to change this setting?

ux
Star I
Hi,

The only calendar app is Google calendar. I use todoist as task app.
It happens at random. I thought it might be linked with the Game Genie panel, when changing the settings (no calls, no text) while gaming but I haven't managed yet to proof that theory. Yesterday, while playing the auto brightness was turning itself on while gaming despite having the brightness locked in the game genie panel.
It's a mistery.

GREEKLEADER
Zen Master I
ux

Hi,

The only calendar app is Google calendar. I use todoist as task app.

It happens at random. I thought it might be linked with the Game Genie panel, when changing the settings (no calls, no text) while gaming but I haven't managed yet to proof that theory. Yesterday, while playing the auto brightness was turning itself on while gaming despite having the brightness locked in the game genie panel.

It's a mistery.

View post
It depends on the battery settings and X mode settings,I mean,I have so many settings that I get lost sometimes and the phone enables different settings than what I have told it,but it's not the phone,it's just that some settings change once and for all and not for individual apps

ux
Star I
GREEKLEADER

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/135831#Comment_135831

It depends on the battery settings and X mode settings,I mean,I have so many settings that I get lost sometimes and the phone enables different settings than what I have told it,but it's not the phone,it's just that some settings change once and for all and not for individual apps

View post
I have learned to live with the quirks of that phone. It's so brilliant that I don't mind it that much. I just need to recalibrate my threshold level of bug/feature intolerance. I have solved the issue by moving those 3 settings in the shortcut OS panel to the top, so I can see when any of those are turned off and correct it straight away.

Thanks for your reply though.