This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus 6Z very low call volume in crowded places

ZT-ded2b09f
Star I
I'm from India with latest update installed. I'm not complaining about voice call quality when I'm in quiet places like home or office. But in outdoor conditions / public places I can't hear a single word from the call. I have tried all volume levels and held phone at different angles but that didn't help much.

Looks like it's design / hardware flaw and won't be able to fix it by software update. This is a serious issue and Asus should pull back all the 6Z phones to fix it. Intoducing flip camera is great but if makes earpiece unhearable then that's not acceptable.
13 REPLIES 13

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
@paras0710, what region are you in? I'll check and see what I can find out everyone. If you comment after this post about the same issue, please include your location.

shyamprabhu_g
Rising Star I
LP_ASUS said:
@paras0710, what region are you in? I'll check and see what I can find out everyone. If you comment after this post about the same issue, please include your location.
Yesterday, I received a call on my 6Z in a noisy environment for the first time since my purchase. And yes, I am now able to see why people complain about low call volume in crowded places. The clarity was fine but the volume was a bit low to understand what the other person is saying on the call. The call volume in indoors and outdoors look to be fine but it gets very low in noisy places. Is any noise cancellation happening via the secondary mic? Is it causing the issue?
BTW, I am from India.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
I don't think this is the case but I will double check with our software developers if we do anything to lower the earpiece volume when you are in a noisy environment. 

paras0710
Rising Star II
LP_ASUS said:
India

drrakeshsingh09
Star II
I don't think this is the case but I will double check with our software developers if we do anything to lower the earpiece volume when you are in a noisy environment. 
No ,problem is low volume.plz if u can increase volume then I think it can solve issue because in door volume through earpiece is also low,so it become inaudible in crowded place.i am from india.my phone is zenfone 6