This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worst audio quality output when using stock Android 9 or even worse in Beta Android 10

narayanalakshmi
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ASUS_X01BDA
Firmware Version: QKQ1.WW_Phone-17.2018.2007.428-20200903
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I didn't like the audio quality of this phone from beginning even when it is on Android 9. I tried Android 10 Beta 1st and 2nd release and the problem was worse. Then I flashed HAVOC OS 3.9 which gave me lot of features and the audio quality was wonderful and it gave options for audio pre-set in the system settings itself (Kind of an equaliser settings) which indicates hardware is perfect.
But I didn't want to run any custom rom on my phone so I reverted back to stock rom when the 3rd beta release of Android 10 was out. But the audio issue is still worse.
I saw lots of people reporting same issue over and over again but ASUS keeps on saying that they are working hard. But it doesn't look like that. When a 3rd party developer can give a stable rom with all features and good audio quality and the OEM is incapable of doing that is disgusting.
I previously used ASUS Zenfone 5 which used to have a audio Equalizer and the audio was good.
It clearly seems to me that either ASUS is playing around with their users or doesn't intentionally give this feature even though if the device supports so that users are forced to buy more costly phones.

5 REPLIES 5

abhaykrishnan02
Zen Master I
narayanalakshmi42

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: ASUS_X01BDA
  2. Firmware Version: QKQ1.WW_Phone-17.2018.2007.428-20200903
  3. Rooted or not: No
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Always
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

I didn't like the audio quality of this phone from beginning even when it is on Android 9. I tried Android 10 Beta 1st and 2nd release and the problem was worse. Then I flashed HAVOC OS 3.9 which gave me lot of features and the audio quality was wonderful and it gave options for audio pre-set in the system settings itself (Kind of an equaliser settings) which indicates hardware is perfect.

But I didn't want to run any custom rom on my phone so I reverted back to stock rom when the 3rd beta release of Android 10 was out. But the audio issue is still worse.

I saw lots of people reporting same issue over and over again but ASUS keeps on saying that they are working hard. But it doesn't look like that. When a 3rd party developer can give a stable rom with all features and good audio quality and the OEM is incapable of doing that is disgusting.

I previously used ASUS Zenfone 5 which used to have a audio Equalizer and the audio was good.

It clearly seems to me that either ASUS is playing around with their users or doesn't intentionally give this feature even though if the device supports so that users are forced to buy more costly phones.

Worst audio quality output when using stock Android 9 or even worse in Beta Android 10
Don't expect any system equaliser in stock rom
Try this

narayanalakshmi
Star II
But atleast the audio quality has to be decent enough right?
It feels like as if the reverb setting has been enabled and set to underwater or large hall setting.
Lot of frequencies are unnecessarily filtered out and are not audible. No bass and no clarity in audio output

narayanalakshmi
Star II
Any way I already tried the Dolby app but no use. It is as if the kernel is missing some module. It is not even letting other applications equaliser to work.

narayanalakshmi
Star II
And also when I connect my phone to my car's infotainment system via bluetooth still the audio quality is poor. But if I connect it via USB for android auto, the audio quality is good. It seems that Android auto bypasses systems audio processor.