This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 7 Huge problem with camera, latest Sept Update 29.13.7. 24

Charles_Rollon
Rising Star I
When you take pictures of faces in back camera or selfie mode, it extremely sharpens the faces and raises the contrast as well. This makes the skins uglier and unpleasant. How do I downgrade to the previous version? This is such a shame because I bought this phone to take selfies, now basically its unusable for me. How do I downgrade to previous version?
117 REPLIES 117

kr0mka
Rising Star I
Charles Rollon

Yes @Tagion you'ved already expressed that you prefer faces with high contrast and sharpness and nothing is wrong with that. And i have also gotten comments from other people in this group saying that the second pic looks like a plastic and over filtered. But do trust me when I say that the second photo is not a budget phone quality because when zenfone 7 pro takes photos really well, it does so in high quality.

But Im glad ASUS has brought back the option to beautify the photo but not like huawei or in samsung levels, which will look overdone. I hope Asus will open these types of options for customers and not force people to like GCAM because that is what they are trying to liken the ASUS camera. If this is too much for you, then you dont need to upgrade to the latest firmware, so you can stay with faces with high detail,contrast and sharpness.

View post
Yeah... No. The second picture looks like it was taken on a 2010 budget smartphone. The detail in the first photo it's what it should look like, not this smoothed out mess.
I didn't pay this much to have a barbie looking front cam without the option to disable it. Before that, you could at least switch on the beauty mode to make it smoother. Now you either have a bad/no detail or even more smoothness/zero detal option with beauty mode. Please go back with this change as it was perfect before this update.

lf_asus_z7p
Star III
kr0mka

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/134665#Comment_134665

Yeah... No. The second picture looks like it was taken on a 2010 budget smartphone. The detail in the first photo it's what it should look like, not this smoothed out mess.

I didn't pay this much to have a barbie looking front cam without the option to disable it. Before that, you could at least switch on the beauty mode to make it smoother. Now you either have a bad/no detail or even more smoothness/zero detal option with beauty mode. Please go back with this change as it was perfect before this update.

View post
It was not good, there was too much contrast before. Read the DXOmark review and observ the pictures they took. There was artificial sharpness and the blacks was obstructed. I think that Charles took his pictures in a not well lighten room. That's why his face look smooth too smooth.

Charles_Rollon
Rising Star I
Hi @Anders_ASUS i sent you a PM asking you how I can fedex my phone to an asus service center, im waiting for your reply because my zenfone 7 camera motor is not working anymore

Charles_Rollon
Rising Star I
hi @Anders thanks for sending me the asus hong kong email. I contacted them and I gave them my phone serial number. They replied that my phone is not being sold officialy in the middle east there fore I should contact europe ASUS or INDIAN asus to have the camera motor fixed.

I dont get it?

The phone is from hong kong and they told me they dont have the spare parts to fix it?

asusjpeg.jpg

@Anders Its been a struggle witrh this phone you know.

HUGE struggle.
Please help me

ANYBODY help me

fear_dot_com_20
Rising Star II
@Charles Rollon why don't you just contact the guys from where you bought the device?? They should provide you the information on how/where to repair it, since they sold it to you!