xbms
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ZENFONE 5Z ZS621KL
Firmware Version:WW-100.10.107.99
Rooted or not: NO
Frequency of Occurrence: ALWAYS
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
HI... Iam using zenfone 5z ZS621KL [Indian version ] for almost two years. It was running fine until the latest update  WW-100.10.107.99. Whenever I call someone if I have used the proximity sensor for once and then turn of the display by DOUBLE TAPPING during the call, My phone's display will not turn off, instead it goes to the lockscreen and then the whole display become unresponsive. If I use power button instead of double tap to turn off the display this issue will not occur.
For information
- I didn't dropped my phone since I bought it.
- My phone's display is working fine but goes crazy only during above said scenario.
- My phone's proximity sensor is working fine as it should be.
-I have done hardware reset thrice for this issue.
I have added a video footage of this issue along with this post. From my point of view its a software bug. All others who are reading this post and have zenfone 5z on current version of update, Please check and give your response and if anyone is having a solution for this issue will be much helpful.
Thank you.

34 REPLIES 34

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi adityapruthi2001
the screen won't sleep when it is unresponsive
Do you mean the "unresponsive" in (2)?

xbms
Star II
Christine_ASUS

Hi friends

I just tried again about the function in V92 and V99. Both versions have the same reaction, does the behavior appear right after any system/apps' download or update?

(1) Block the Light Sensor>back to home>double tap to turn off the screen>the device can not swipe up to unlock, click power bottom will active *swipe up to unlock

(2) Block the Light Sensor>back to home>double tap to turn off the screen>swipe down>Settings>unlock>Settings panel stuck.

Does aforementioned passage correctly describe the situation?

View post
Hi..@Christine_ASUS. I have gone through your reply and your steps 1 and 2 are correct. May be this issue was present in v92. But now only Iam noticing it. As @adityapruthi2001 mentioned in his comment that the display is not sleeping while it is not responding. Yes whether you are on step 1 or step 2 doesn't matter the display will not sleep or respond until the call gets disconnected. Everything will become normal after the call gets disconnected or You have to press the power button multiple times during the issue.
Thank you @archilsoni412 ,@1947msr ,@amitgarde3 ,@Debasish Sahoo ,@adityapruthi2001and @Christine_ASUS

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi friends
Let me check with the relevant team. We will keep you updated and your consideration will be very much appreciated.

adityapruthi200
Rising Star II
Christine_ASUS

Hi adityapruthi2001

the screen won't sleep when it is unresponsive

Do you mean the "unresponsive" in (2)?

View post
Yes, i mean unresponsive.

xbms
Star II
Christine_ASUS

Hi friends

Let me check with the relevant team. We will keep you updated and your consideration will be very much appreciated.

View post
@Christine_ASUS thanks for your reply and we have high expectations on you. We hope that this issue will be fixed by next update and thanks for all who have replied to my post.