This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[5z] Justice to flagship, Atleast zenui 7 top of Android 10 OR Android 11 top of zenui 6

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
Model Name: 5z
Firmware Version:100.10.107.92
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence: forever
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): system
Time has come ASUS has started beta testing for 6z as its regular cycle why skip 5z as a flagship i personally feel 5z is best device ASUS has made till date with lesser hardware issues comparing 6z n rog series also 5z is most sold smartphone till date for ASUS in flagship range m happy with dedicated support till date for 5z and still ongoing for more few months
But as a flagship owner want to tell ASUS that is 5z really worth to be called as flagship 👇
1.No vowifi
2.No prime hd
3.No ARCORE
4.No camera UI improvements even after Zenui 6
5.No dedicated nightmode for capable sensor in camera app
6.Touch panel stutters in games exists since Android 8 (which we and mods are still fighting to get fix from devs )
even after several requests since months from 5z users no hard push from ASUS for 5z users why? No requested features are seen
If thats fine not to give it to 5z owners than its ok
But to fill this huge gap can asus make us happy with surprising decision like more 6 months update cycle with implementations like atleast providing
*ZENUI 7 on Android 10 itself
OR
*Android 11/R on top of ZENUI 6 itslef
I wish atleast ASUS will reconsider our request and justice 5z as a flagship before ending up support to 5z
@Christine_ASUS @CH_ASUS @Anders_ASUS @ARP_ASUS @Falcon_ASUS @STARRAIN_ASUS @Titan_ASUS @Y_ASUS @Kris_ASUS @Laura_ASUS @Gustav_ASUS @gabriel_prado @ga278057 @gabriel95
299 REPLIES 299

adarshgupta17_a
Star II
So this is my first Asus device i bought and as a result in the name of flagship they gave us lolipop, it is really disappointing to see such a unprofessional work from such Company. There are lots of bugs and many things are missing. If they will not listen to their customers then in the coming days there will be no ASUS.

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
雪狼

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/131268#Comment_131268

Then you think Zenfone 5z will reach Android 11, then ROG 1 does not even have Android Q, so I think it is not feasible, if Zenfone 5z is upgraded, then I think it is very unfair

View post
Nothing unfair here its all about hardware limitations ROG has a lot of strong complicated hardware that is the reason why asus wants it to remain on android p inorder to maintain stable performance and overal stability and zenfone 5z has no complications it is normal premium flagship this is diffrence so expectations are what varies
Yes thats sad rog is not updated but i may say there is lot of difference between gaming segment and premium flagship segment this should be understood
Thanks!

Debasish_Sahoo
Zen Master I
雪狼

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/131268#Comment_131268

Then you think Zenfone 5z will reach Android 11, then ROG 1 does not even have Android Q, so I think it is not feasible, if Zenfone 5z is upgraded, then I think it is very unfair

View post
Hi,
I totally agree with what @amitgarde3 told now and Asus has done a brilliant job by keeping 5z updates alive and trust me 5z updates are still on. Today Asus has surprised many users by giving vowifi support for JIO in India and adding Volte support for TMO in US. And till now updates are on. We are getting extended support now because 5z has crossed his support cycle 4 months ago (According to 2 years promise period). But till now they didn't stop updates for 5z. Asus is listening and bringing up new things to us is way more surprising and we are impressed towards their approach to 5z. We are happy that we are getting extended support from Asus.
We are hoping for some miracle and who knows they might change their strategy. So that's why we are demanding Zenui7/A11 because 5z is a premium segment phone and we should expect. And we know that chances are very low but who knows they might change their strategy. And if they won't give us A11/Zenui7 then also we are happy because updates are still on.
A big thanks to @Anders_ASUS sir and the whole Asus team for adding Vowifi support for 5z 🙂

雪狼
Rising Star II
If you don’t update ROG1 Android 10 for stability, ROG2 should not update Android 10, so the requirement for stability is an excuse, and don’t forget that Zenfone 4 Pro is also a flagship machine but Android P has not been released, plus my family is in When ASUS goes to work, they know very well that the mobile phone department will not have 3 years of updates,

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
雪狼

If you don’t update ROG1 Android 10 for stability, ROG2 should not update Android 10, so the requirement for stability is an excuse, and don’t forget that Zenfone 4 Pro is also a flagship machine but Android P has not been released, plus my family is in When ASUS goes to work, they know very well that the mobile phone department will not have 3 years of updates,

View post
Number of sales of particular smarthphone also matters alot to invest resources on it and delicate hardware is also a reason ROG1 & Zenfone 4 pro both had less sales due to global unavailability so nothing wrong