This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fingerprint unresponsive

Vignesh
Star I
I have been using finger print without issues so far, but suddenly today morning the phone did not wakeup with fingerprint. It is not that it does not recognize the finger, there was no vibration (to indicate unmatched entry), so it was not active at all. It was as if fp is never enabled. I clicked power button, entered pin and thereafter finger print started working after turning off display. It has happenned only once so far.

Has anyone faced this? Is it an issue with fp sensor (temporarily not responsive) or expected behaviour, like it is in honor devices where pin is forced once every 3 days?

The phone is amazing in all other aspects, and moderators are responsive here, thank you Asus!
Thanks.
13 REPLIES 13

ColorSage
Zen Master I
I've got the same problem: my fp sensor is not responsive at all. Sometimes i need to put finger 3/4 times before it works. Any solution?
I know it sounds stupid but try to re-enroll your fingerprints. 

Cod_The_Doc
Rising Star I
ColorSage said:
I've got the same problem: my fp sensor is not responsive at all. Sometimes i need to put finger 3/4 times before it works. Any solution?
Just done. Seems to work. Hope it last.

shyamprabhu_g
Rising Star I
I believe the problem reported by OP is a standard android security feature and any android phone would ask for a PIN once in three days (if pin hasn't been used in 3 consecutive days). During such instances, neither the fingerprint nor the face unlock would work. The PIN must be manually entered. I think this was introduced in Nougat (though I am not sure). This happened in my honor phones and happens in my Z6 as well.

ColorSage
Zen Master I
ColorSage said:
Just done. Seems to work. Hope it last.
It should. The way you enroll is crucial. You are supposed to tap in different angles and finger positions. Only then sensor can recognise it under most circumstances.