xbms
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ZENFONE 5Z ZS621KL
Firmware Version:WW-100.10.107.99
Rooted or not: NO
Frequency of Occurrence: ALWAYS
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
HI... Iam using zenfone 5z ZS621KL [Indian version ] for almost two years. It was running fine until the latest update  WW-100.10.107.99. Whenever I call someone if I have used the proximity sensor for once and then turn of the display by DOUBLE TAPPING during the call, My phone's display will not turn off, instead it goes to the lockscreen and then the whole display become unresponsive. If I use power button instead of double tap to turn off the display this issue will not occur.
For information
- I didn't dropped my phone since I bought it.
- My phone's display is working fine but goes crazy only during above said scenario.
- My phone's proximity sensor is working fine as it should be.
-I have done hardware reset thrice for this issue.
I have added a video footage of this issue along with this post. From my point of view its a software bug. All others who are reading this post and have zenfone 5z on current version of update, Please check and give your response and if anyone is having a solution for this issue will be much helpful.
Thank you.

34 REPLIES 34

xbms
Star II
Thanks @archilsoni412 ,@1947msr ,@amitgarde3 ,@Debasish Sahoo and @Christine_ASUS for going through my post and your effort in verifying this issue is much appreciated.
I would like to say something to @Christine_ASUS about this issue and I have gone through your video. There are some similarities and dissimilarities between yours video and mine.
Similarities;
My video [ timeline 0.00sec to 0.10sec] and yours [timeline 0.00sec to 0.12sec] are similar. At those respective timelines there is one thing in common, that while double tapping to turn off the display during a call the display is not turning off instead it went to lockscreen. Iam 100% sure that this is not a feature but a bug and I didn't see you mentioning it anywhere in your reply.
Dissimilarities;
After above mentioned timeline you and I have done an entirely different thing. In my video and yours, after double taping to turn off the display during a call it goes to the locksceen. At the top of the lockscreen you can see a lock symbol. That means the phone is locked. To unlock we have to swipe up to get the pattern or pin menu. You just swipe up and see , instead of touching the on going call notification. The whole display is unresponsive. It will not swipe up. But we can swipe down to access the notification panel and then click the settings icon. You will clearly get the same results as mine and others who have casted there response here.
@Christine_ASUS With all due respect, Please replicate the same way I have done in the video[ video.mp4]. You will get the same results as Iam Facing. I have added the requested screenshot along with my reply.
Thank you @archilsoni412 ,@1947msr ,@amitgarde3 ,@Debasish Sahoo and @Christine_ASUS

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
Christine_ASUS

Hi friends

I just tested my device V99 and I didn't encounter the same situation. Can you provide me the screenshot of your Touch Gesture settings? Settings>Advanced>Gestures>Touch Gesture

V99 https://www.asuswebstorage.com/navigate/a/#/s/FC272806760649DFA1E331016F7B87274

screenshot-20201125-100840148.jpg

View post
Yes you are trying it in diffrent way @Christine_ASUS i also have gone through your video please try steps same as shared by @xbms in his video
Please follow this steps 👇:-
After double tapping on screen please try to unlock your device instead of tapping on ongoing call and you can see system gets stuck also same goes with entering settings menu after double tap if you try to pull down notification panel and click on settings after entering pattern on lockscreen, system remains stuck.

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi friends
I just tried again about the function in V92 and V99. Both versions have the same reaction, does the behavior appear right after any system/apps' download or update?
(1) Block the Light Sensor>back to home>double tap to turn off the screen>the device can not swipe up to unlock, click power bottom will active *swipe up to unlock
(2) Block the Light Sensor>back to home>double tap to turn off the screen>swipe down>Settings>unlock>Settings panel stuck.
Does aforementioned passage correctly describe the situation?

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
Christine_ASUS

Hi friends

I just tried again about the function in V92 and V99. Both versions have the same reaction, does the behavior appear right after any system/apps' download or update?

(1) Block the Light Sensor>back to home>double tap to turn off the screen>the device can not swipe up to unlock, click power bottom will active *swipe up to unlock

(2) Block the Light Sensor>back to home>double tap to turn off the screen>swipe down>Settings>unlock>Settings panel stuck.

Does aforementioned passage correctly describe the situation?

View post
May be this is carry forwarded bug from .92-.99 and No,this is not the behaviour because of any system/app downloads
Yes both (1) & (2) discriptions are correct, system behaves same as you described there, screen is stuck until we press power button
Thanks!

adityapruthi200
Rising Star II
Yes, also the screen won't sleep when it is unresponsive. Happening with me too, annoying.