This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog 2 bricked ?

laandennis
Star I
My ROG phone 2 just died after last update.
I have an unlocked bootloader (official ASUS way) but am running on 100% stock firmware without root for the last half year. But today I tried to manually update my device and it went fine, after last update reboot it was working lie it should. But I had a frozen app about an hour later, so rebooted the phone but after shutdown it never came back on...
I've tried accessing the Qualcomm Emergency Download Mode but the screen doesn't come on at all, not even a vibration or LED.
Of course this happend exactly a year + 1 month after I bought the device, so no warranty anymore.
Do I need to sent it back for service and can I expect massive costs ?
8 REPLIES 8

solanki_krunal7
Star III
Hi,
I am also facing same issue and posted query here regarding the same. I just made a payment using google pay and then locked-up phone. After two min I tried unlocking, its dead. Like nothing is showing, even I cant see anything while plugging in charging cable.
Mods, Plz help here ASAP.

solanki_krunal7
Star III
Hi, You got any solution?

ronald1985
Community Legend I
laandennis

My ROG phone 2 just died after last update.

I have an unlocked bootloader (official ASUS way) but am running on 100% stock firmware without root for the last half year. But today I tried to manually update my device and it went fine, after last update reboot it was working lie it should. But I had a frozen app about an hour later, so rebooted the phone but after shutdown it never came back on...

I've tried accessing the Qualcomm Emergency Download Mode but the screen doesn't come on at all, not even a vibration or LED.

Of course this happend exactly a year + 1 month after I bought the device, so no warranty anymore.

Do I need to sent it back for service and can I expect massive costs ?

Rog 2 bricked ?
If you do decide to visit service centre, then I would expect cost, but don't know how much as this depends on the individual service centre.
Since you are out of warranty, I would probably give XDA Forum a try as theres got to be a reason why you unlocked the bootloader in the first place as there's a disclaimer for taking this action.

solanki_krunal7
Star III
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/40714/rog-2-bricked

If you do decide to visit service centre, then I would expect cost, but don't know how much as this depends on the individual service centre.

Since you are out of warranty, I would probably give XDA Forum a try as theres got to be a reason why you unlocked the bootloader in the first place as there's a disclaimer for taking this action.

View post
I went service centre and the told me about cost around 27k for motherboard replacement. I dont know if there is motherboard problem of not as motherboard has been replaced before 2 months only under warranty period. I want to know like motherboards warranty is 3 months, so it must be cover under warranty now, am I right? My phones warranty has been expired in mid of Oct.