jcopter88
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
ZS671KS
Not sure
No root
Always
Snapchat

Hello, I recently got the zenfone 7 pro and when I open snapchat it seems to be using my wide angle lens instead of the main senor which results in blocky pictures. Does anyone know of a way to maybe change which senor snapchat is using? Thanks.
4 REPLIES 4

lf_asus_z7p
Star III
Unfortunately you cannot choose the lens in third party apps. I hope that Asus will do something or even try to do something.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
jcopter88

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name:
  2. Firmware Version:
  3. Rooted or not:
  4. Frequency of Occurrence:
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

1. ZS671KS
  2. Not sure
  3. No root
  4. Always
  5. Snapchat

Hello, I recently got the zenfone 7 pro and when I open snapchat it seems to be using my wide angle lens instead of the main senor which results in blocky pictures. Does anyone know of a way to maybe change which senor snapchat is using? Thanks.

Snapchat using wrong lens
It's by design. The main sensor IMX 686 is too powerful (heat & battery) for long video calls and we can't detect which 3rd party app you're using so because of this, we use the IMX 363 and crop it whenever you activate the selfie cam in 3rd party apps.

veeharish2005
Zen Master I
Anders_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/40533/snapchat-using-wrong-lens

It's by design. The main sensor IMX 686 is too powerful (heat & battery) for long video calls and we can't detect which 3rd party app you're using so because of this, we use the IMX 363 and crop it whenever you activate the selfie cam in 3rd party apps.

View post
Shouldn't this also be the case while using the stock camera app?

aLc
Rising Star II
veeharish2005

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/135009#Comment_135009

Shouldn't this also be the case while using the stock camera app?

View post
Agreed. So that makes it invalid to block the use of the main sensor on third party apps