This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dear ASUS, Please refund your buyers if you can't fix the black crush!

Craven
Rising Star II
I'm getting sick of this already! It's been months of FOTA updates and yet there's still no sign of display improvements. ASUS, if you can't/don't/won't fix this black crush issue, at least refund us a portion of our hard-earned cash! Lower the SRP and make it known to your retailers. You advertised a gaming phone with excellent display, we got the gaming part but what about the display? I can barely enjoy movies on this. $1000 on a phone that can't even show proper blacks despite being AMOLED and heats up even though it has a "cooling system"? Does $1000 seem reasonable to you? What are your devs doing wrong? I googled your 144hz competitors and none of their buyers even reported a single case of black crush. I don't care about Pixelworks. You teamed up with them so it's your responsibility.
18 REPLIES 18

yvsbisen
Star I
I also bought my Rog-3 for 50K here in India and started having display issues....can we atleast get a solution or a concrete answer as to whats the solution for this gonna be????

Craven
Rising Star II
yvsbisen

I also bought my Rog-3 for 50K here in India and started having display issues....can we atleast get a solution or a concrete answer as to whats the solution for this gonna be????

View post
I anticipate the answer's gonna be for us to wait for their next update as they will have tweaked the display "further". This was the answer that was provided by most of the mods last AUGUST on the black crush thread. Even on recent black crush posts, they're still telling us to wait for an update.

veeharish2005
Zen Master I
You guys might want to take a look at this thread
nightmaster552

Hello dear ASUS devs,

now I had the courage and time to root my phone and look into the issue and guys, I feel ya.

The implementation from pixelworks is utterly garbage and give you literally 0 control. I know you guys are trying to make some sort of overlay hotfix but it just won't cut it. I know you cannot just remove the pixelworks feature just like that, due to possible conflicts with upper management however what I think would help is an easy way for either devs / users with rooted phones to disable the service, maybe through some sort of config file, build.prop w/e. I've tried to get rid of it causing the boot process to freeze and tried to disable the service after boot which would cause a black screen so it's very deep in the system process. All I ask for is to give us the ability to disable it without having to do a stunt and let us then fix the screen ourselves with k-lapse or KCAL implementation in our kernels, as I can see your hands are absolutely tied due to pixelworks extremely locked and unflexible solution and it doesn't seem they have any intention of making a proper recalibration anytime soon.

To the devs about the black crush issues caused by banding

jaykesharwani9
Rising Star II
Bruh I sold my kidney to buy a flagship phone which is 12gb 256gb variant and it makes feel sad. Asus apparently don't care about their consumer. Not everyone can afford to buy a phone every year. Why buy Rog phone 4 when I have Rog phone 3?
I still hope that they can fix it.