This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog Phone 2 Black screen and power off while Charging

kirankumar17897
Star III
My Rog phone 2 automatically power off while Charging I face this issue for past 3 days while charging than phone
Then while playing Pubg my mobile temperature is 39° and than phone freez and automatically reboot than device
I can't play a single game properly whith my most awarded game smartphone of the year 2019
After the latest update this typer of issues are happening so please fix those issues
I bought this phone for playing eSports tournament on PUBG Mobile but I can't play a single game properly
Give us a good software update to fix all those issues

76 REPLIES 76

HyperBot
Star I
mannahringw

@HyperBot where do u stay?

View post
I'm from Aizawl, Mizoram.

LazzoLeon
Star II
I too have been facing similar issues with ROG phone 2...screen blackout and freezing of mobile when it is used during charging or switching off when not used during charging. There is also the mistouch and multi touch issue....while charging of course. I did notice that the phone gets warm while charging and these issues happens only when it's charging. I also noticed that this happens when the phone is charging between 0 - 60 (or upto 70 idk) which I believe is related to fast charging.

Is this a problem related to hardware or software? I managed to trackdown an asus service center in my locality. Does getting my device serviced, get rid of this annoying problem? I have already factory resetted my device a couple of days back but the problem persists. I kinda kills the mood to game you know. It would atleast give me peace knowing what's the problem.

Hackerjack
Star II
Hi @Anders_ASUS,
I had some issue with the triggers and went to service center for repair and the service center replaced the screen and the issue was fixed but after few days likely 10-15 I am having this phone shuts down while charging issue and my warranty ran out 7 days ago. What should I do? Can it be fault from service center?

LazzoLeon
Star II
LazzoLeon

I too have been facing similar issues with ROG phone 2...screen blackout and freezing of mobile when it is used during charging or switching off when not used during charging. There is also the mistouch and multi touch issue....while charging of course. I did notice that the phone gets warm while charging and these issues happens only when it's charging. I also noticed that this happens when the phone is charging between 0 - 60 (or upto 70 idk) which I believe is related to fast charging.

Is this a problem related to hardware or software? I managed to trackdown an asus service center in my locality. Does getting my device serviced, get rid of this annoying problem? I have already factory resetted my device a couple of days back but the problem persists. I kinda kills the mood to game you know. It would atleast give me peace knowing what's the problem.

View post
Well I managed to contact asus service center in erode district, TN, India. They didn't even have a proper location marking or the brand boards (and was literally holed up in a corner) and thank God Asus website had their number. They said my device can't be serviced here and they'll have to send it to Chennai which will take 20 days. I mean seriously? 20 days? Even if they took 5 days to fix this issue, it'll take no more than a week if they actually put their back into it. Dear Asus, I'm a big fan of your devices both PC and smartphone. But you know what makes me think twice before purchasing your products, lack of service centres and the time required to service a device which in this case is waay too long. Having hardware issues and bugs are a common thing in devices, yes but if repairing is too much of a hazzle, I would consider buying one plus devices instead. So yes, please work on your service centers of you guys plan on keeping a proper customer base, especially in India.@Anders_ASUS
Also, I decided that I'll pay a visit to the service center in chennai and if they were to say, "we don't service it here, it'll take 20 days to send it and get back from the New Delhi facility" I'll be super pissed.
@Anders_ASUS

LazzoLeon
Star II
LazzoLeon

View post
Hey, I managed to contact the service center located in Erode (TN). Honestly, it was quite a hazzle to loacte it as the location marker was quite off the actual location and center itself was in a corner of a street with no brand board. Thank God I had thier number from the asus website, if it weren't for that, it would have been impossible to track down that service center. After reaching out to them, I explained the problem and explained the device is well within warranty period. They replied that the device can't be repaired here and they'll have to send it to Chennai (TN) service center and it'll take 20 days to get back. How is that possible? I mean even if repairing takes 5 working days I should be able to get back the device well within a week's period. I replied, that I'll go to Chennai (TN) service directly to get my device repaired which is of 6 hours of train travel from where I live. In all honesty, I'm quite disappointed. 3 weeks for a service repair? Unheard of such a thing. Or is it because of the warranty? I am willing to pay extra just to have my device repaired faster.

Honestly Asus, your devices are pretty good and I especially like the ROG II device and it's bound to have some issues, I totally get it. But with service centers like this, it's quite demanding from the consumers don't you think? Please! Do work on quality services for your valed customers! Or else countries like India will always be a far cry. And if hear the same can't be serviced here, have to send it to New Delhi and will take a whopping 3 weeks at Chennai too, I'll be pissed.