This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the charging brick have special safety features?

Craven
Rising Star II
What makes the brick so special that OEMs advocate using only the included proprietary chargers so much? Does the included charger or any ASUS charger for that matter, have built-in protection from fluctuating power? I noticed the lights here have recently been dimming down when someone turns on an appliance. Can the charger regulate the power while my phone charges?
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

devicentextian
Rising Star II
I think I read it somewhere at ASUS website it has some features which i forgot you can check it out. as for the lights when someone turns on appliances it's normal.

View solution in original post

Aryan202
Community Legend I
Craven

What makes the brick so special that OEMs advocate using only the included proprietary chargers so much? Does the included charger or any ASUS charger for that matter, have built-in protection from fluctuating power? I noticed the lights here have recently been dimming down when someone turns on an appliance. Can the charger regulate the power while my phone charges?

screenshot-20201122-190831483.jpg
ROG Phone 30W Adapter & USB-C Cable | Chargers and Adapters | Gaming Power & Protection Gadgets|ROG ...From asus's official page for rog 3's 30w charger

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

devicentextian
Rising Star II
I think I read it somewhere at ASUS website it has some features which i forgot you can check it out. as for the lights when someone turns on appliances it's normal.

Craven
Rising Star II
devicentextian

View post
You sure? Even my laptop makes that USB disconnect sound whenever there's a fluctuation. Surely, it must disturb the charging process too.

Aryan202
Community Legend I
Craven

screenshot-20201122-190831483.jpg
ROG Phone 30W Adapter & USB-C Cable | Chargers and Adapters | Gaming Power & Protection Gadgets|ROG ...From asus's official page for rog 3's 30w charger