This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dear ASUS, Please refund your buyers if you can't fix the black crush!

Craven
Rising Star II
I'm getting sick of this already! It's been months of FOTA updates and yet there's still no sign of display improvements. ASUS, if you can't/don't/won't fix this black crush issue, at least refund us a portion of our hard-earned cash! Lower the SRP and make it known to your retailers. You advertised a gaming phone with excellent display, we got the gaming part but what about the display? I can barely enjoy movies on this. $1000 on a phone that can't even show proper blacks despite being AMOLED and heats up even though it has a "cooling system"? Does $1000 seem reasonable to you? What are your devs doing wrong? I googled your 144hz competitors and none of their buyers even reported a single case of black crush. I don't care about Pixelworks. You teamed up with them so it's your responsibility.
18 REPLIES 18

Aryan202
Community Legend I
GameOjas

I think even auas know at this point that, they couldn't fix this. All they talk about is reducing the issue.

They launched 144hz just to brag about a number and they messed up the most important aspect about a phone... Which is display.

Most games support 90hz. They should have stuck to 90hz and should have used better display.

I think now it's upto users... To get a refund and the only way is consumer court.

View post
But again people buy the phones cos of that
Many bought rog 3 for 144hz and the super good sampling rate
If consumer won't buy it OEMs won't produce it,but at this point the conception is the higher the better/smoother. Rog is the first in the industry every time (like 90hz and 120hz OLEDs on previous rog phones) other manufacturers like OnePlus etc will bring 144hz in their next flagship phones and we all know their users will report stuff then like 8pro this year

Aryan202
Community Legend I
Asus's own Zenfone 7 with a 90hz panel doesn't have any reported display issues (it uses a samsung made panel with dc dimming support)

Aryan202
Community Legend I
xihe

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/134746#Comment_134746

In the USA they can't. Remember apple got class action suit for throttling the processor to prevent shutdown in case of battery degradation?

View post
And what would the petitioner claim tho this black crush issue can easily be labelled as "normal behaviour" by OEMs one can see the massive amounts of complains by buyers everywhere on all manufacturer forums regarding this

hermantan89
Rising Star I
realistix

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/134442#Comment_134442

What a bad response to an issue. It's like buying a $1500 computer and it has a obvious issue, like mouse not working or something, then saying "we'll fix it for next one, please buy that" haha. This phone is sold around performance/entertainment/gaming etc... (it's definitely not for it's phone features (eg. lack of VoLTE support). If they can't get it right, why try the next one? So many better phones around tbh. I fell for the ASUS name, not again. Enjoy paying for your next phone that fixes one problem.

View post
I say the truth, sr,
There is very little chance that this black crush problem can be solved in this 3rd phone series, because it is related to 3rd party and hardware issues.
But I guess most of the rog series users are FANBOY huh? They will be happy to wait for fix this problem on Asus Rog Phone 4.

hermantan89
Rising Star I
Of course, especially in developing countries like Indonesia, or India, the ROG brand is just as worthy as the iPhone brand. The users will be considered as "sultans", or wealthy people.