This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dear ASUS, Please refund your buyers if you can't fix the black crush!

Craven
Rising Star II
I'm getting sick of this already! It's been months of FOTA updates and yet there's still no sign of display improvements. ASUS, if you can't/don't/won't fix this black crush issue, at least refund us a portion of our hard-earned cash! Lower the SRP and make it known to your retailers. You advertised a gaming phone with excellent display, we got the gaming part but what about the display? I can barely enjoy movies on this. $1000 on a phone that can't even show proper blacks despite being AMOLED and heats up even though it has a "cooling system"? Does $1000 seem reasonable to you? What are your devs doing wrong? I googled your 144hz competitors and none of their buyers even reported a single case of black crush. I don't care about Pixelworks. You teamed up with them so it's your responsibility.
18 REPLIES 18

Craven
Rising Star II
hermantan89

If you no longer want your cell phone, you can donate it. It will give you inner satisfaction, rather than rambling on.

I have asked via e-mail asus rog phone, and they have promised to fix this problem completely, in the next rog phone series.

View post
"in the next rog phone series" brilliant answer. Who says I don't want my phone? There's a reason I'm trying to fight for its flaws to be fixed. If you think donating a $1000 phone to someone just because it's not up to your standards is "satisfactory", then you go right ahead because there is no satisfaction for me in doing so.

realistix
Rising Star I
hermantan89

If you no longer want your cell phone, you can donate it. It will give you inner satisfaction, rather than rambling on.

I have asked via e-mail asus rog phone, and they have promised to fix this problem completely, in the next rog phone series.

View post
What a bad response to an issue. It's like buying a $1500 computer and it has a obvious issue, like mouse not working or something, then saying "we'll fix it for next one, please buy that" haha. This phone is sold around performance/entertainment/gaming etc... (it's definitely not for it's phone features (eg. lack of VoLTE support). If they can't get it right, why try the next one? So many better phones around tbh. I fell for the ASUS name, not again. Enjoy paying for your next phone that fixes one problem.

GameOjas
Rising Star I
I think even auas know at this point that, they couldn't fix this. All they talk about is reducing the issue.
They launched 144hz just to brag about a number and they messed up the most important aspect about a phone... Which is display.
Most games support 90hz. They should have stuck to 90hz and should have used better display.
I think now it's upto users... To get a refund and the only way is consumer court.

MV
Rising Star II
GameOjas

I think even auas know at this point that, they couldn't fix this. All they talk about is reducing the issue.

They launched 144hz just to brag about a number and they messed up the most important aspect about a phone... Which is display.

Most games support 90hz. They should have stuck to 90hz and should have used better display.

I think now it's upto users... To get a refund and the only way is consumer court.

View post
It's all business buddy. Asus is a corporate giant. Few users can't bully it. Even if ROG 4 is launched with the same issue they will get away with it because they can.

xihe
Rising Star II
MV

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/134728#Comment_134728

It's all business buddy. Asus is a corporate giant. Few users can't bully it. Even if ROG 4 is launched with the same issue they will get away with it because they can.

View post
In the USA they can't. Remember apple got class action suit for throttling the processor to prevent shutdown in case of battery degradation?