ROG 3 suffers from heavy black crush issue

Cpz
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:ROG
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:not
Frequency of Occurrence:QKQ1.200419.002. WW_Phone-17.0823.2007.25
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):netflix,amazon prime india ,youtube(little bit)
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I have brought device August 12 ,2020 through flipkart first sale at 6auhust. I was very happy until i open netflix ,it has vert bad black crush issue even at full brightness ,in 50pecent brightness colour washed out heavy black crush issue is this hardware or software issue??anyway im just gonna refund ....but i asked some of YouTubers they have none issue ,but for fellow customers only have this😓. I decided to live with this but some of units have no issue why i wanna live with this issue for years so i try to get refund and but 12gb varient.
In YouTube crush issue is little low when compared to netflix and amazon prime ,rather than that this dev is beast 😍
I have noticed heat in aero active coller side(40°to43°) always while playing pupg at 90hz,balanced,extream . although I'm staying in AC room 22°c all time!

screenshot-20200814-161049930.jpg
img-20200813-wa0011.jpg
picsart-08-13-04-46-11.jpg
picsart-08-13-04-44-38.jpg
img-20200813-wa0012.jpg

993 REPLIES 993

devicentextian
Rising Star II
Dr. SushP

Dont know why Asus bothered to give the macro cam. It takes worse pics than VGA module and focus is a mess. Waste of space and lens. Then this display issue. Refresh rat sometimes cant be changed even if I want to.

The MODS may be high and drunk from getting so much criticism. Whereas oxygen os is giving features based on customer request... ASUS cant even still fix the basic persistent irritating bugs yet. Atleast these Idiots should confess they are giving up so that Before my warranty ends and its too late I can sell this and buy the 8T.

Never EVER ASUS Again !!!

View post
just go and sell your rog 3 before it's too late. they already started cutting the price.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Dr. SushP

Dont know why Asus bothered to give the macro cam. It takes worse pics than VGA module and focus is a mess. Waste of space and lens. Then this display issue. Refresh rat sometimes cant be changed even if I want to.

The MODS may be high and drunk from getting so much criticism. Whereas oxygen os is giving features based on customer request... ASUS cant even still fix the basic persistent irritating bugs yet. Atleast these Idiots should confess they are giving up so that Before my warranty ends and its too late I can sell this and buy the 8T.

Never EVER ASUS Again !!!

View post
How is it asus fault that you're 2 dumb to use the macro camera?

Dr__SushP
Rising Star II
nightmaster552

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/134610#Comment_134610

How is it asus fault that you're 2 dumb to use the macro camera?

View post
Well my patients and colleagues could surely testify for my dumbness mr. Nightmaster...Apart from being a doc I also am a professional stock photo contributor in the international editorial market. My work has been bought by many customers from various countries across the world.
But all things apart.. I didn't say i dont know how to use it... I meant its quality is too poor to have any significance.
Saying that, could you please guide me on how to use it properly so that i could get better quality out of it... Since I had my standards set from the hybrid macro cam of my OnePlus 7T ...which took better macro and had better focus too

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Dr. SushP

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/134678#Comment_134678

Well my patients and colleagues could surely testify for my dumbness mr. Nightmaster...Apart from being a doc I also am a professional stock photo contributor in the international editorial market. My work has been bought by many customers from various countries across the world.

But all things apart.. I didn't say i dont know how to use it... I meant its quality is too poor to have any significance.

Saying that, could you please guide me on how to use it properly so that i could get better quality out of it... Since I had my standards set from the hybrid macro cam of my OnePlus 7T ...which took better macro and had better focus too

View post

I really don't know where your problem is, learn how to use your camera and you'll have no problems making good shots. All images are not edited in any way and are slightly lowered in quality due to google fotos compression.

Dr__SushP
Rising Star II
In my case gcam takes better detailed shots with 4x magnification than the normal stok cam macro. And if compared 7T took better ones too... I will upload samples later as currently i dont have the 7T with me.