This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 7 Huge problem with camera, latest Sept Update 29.13.7. 24

Charles_Rollon
Rising Star I
When you take pictures of faces in back camera or selfie mode, it extremely sharpens the faces and raises the contrast as well. This makes the skins uglier and unpleasant. How do I downgrade to the previous version? This is such a shame because I bought this phone to take selfies, now basically its unusable for me. How do I downgrade to previous version?
117 REPLIES 117

Charles_Rollon
Rising Star I
Did u see my latest post?

Tagion
Rising Star II
Charles Rollon

My camera motor is broken so I have to manually flip my camera to the front with my finger. It broke while I was changing the flip sound within the camera app setting I did not force it whatsoever. I am asking for help from @Anders_ASUS on how to get this phone FedEx 'd to asus service center as it is u fixable in the UAE and believe me I have had my fair share of frustrations with this phone and have spent alot of money only to have this kind of experience.

Anyways I am glad to confirm the following :

First picture is Version 29.13.7.47 without beauty mode - as known as ZOMBIE face which is high contrast and highly unflattering and when I first raised this issue everybody was telling me from ASUS that there is nothing wrong with their camera and that their camera is great. I also experienced some backlash from some members of this group saying that there is nothing wrong with my face. This is The one that I have been complaining about since October.

p-20201121-102116.jpg

The second picture is from the latest version 29.14.53.5 without beauty mode. And now it seems the asus team have listened to my concerns. Which is great.

p-20201121-104825.jpg

I am glad Asus is making progress. But I have highly suffered wihh the experience since October. I hope they can make more improvements.

Especially taking a photo directly from whatsapp and Instagram will produce the zombie face again by using the telephoto cam, I hope they sort that out

Any comments from @aLc @veeharish2005

View post
The first picture looks way better in my opinion. The second looks just looks like a typical smoothed out front cam from any budget phone

Charles_Rollon
Rising Star I
Yes @Tagion you'ved already expressed that you prefer faces with high contrast and sharpness and nothing is wrong with that. And i have also gotten comments from other people in this group saying that the second pic looks like a plastic and over filtered. But do trust me when I say that the second photo is not a budget phone quality because when zenfone 7 pro takes photos really well, it does so in high quality.

But Im glad ASUS has brought back the option to beautify the photo but not like huawei or in samsung levels, which will look overdone. I hope Asus will open these types of options for customers and not force people to like GCAM because that is what they are trying to liken the ASUS camera. If this is too much for you, then you dont need to upgrade to the latest firmware, so you can stay with faces with high detail,contrast and sharpness.

fear_dot_com_20
Rising Star II
Wtf Asus?! Coming from a guy that shoots photos as a hobby, but using a full frame mirroless for that...I can say that the second picture looks totally unrealistic and more like a barby doll plastic face...Look at the hair...
Anyway, I hope that Asus team manages to fix this in a proper way that suits more people than one... Maybe Asus should make a poll with how the selfies should look like. Or discuss with a team that does that for a living (maybe dxomark or some other team that really knows how a picture should look like - no offence here Asus...).
In my opinion not the selfie was the issue, but wrong white balance on 2 out of three cameras...and camera quality on 3rd party apps. I am not sure who says Charles looks better on the second picture, but for me it looks totally worse, over processed and un-naturally. If this was a picture I would have to use , I would totally take another one...
Regards!

lf_asus_z7p
Star III
The second picture of Charles looks weird, that's true. However that is also true that pictures before the last update was bad, too much contrast and oversharpening. When i take selfie my skin is not as smooth as Charles one in the 2nd picture : it looks realistic, between the 1st and the 2nd one.