This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus A15 FA566IH USB - 3x ports doesnt detect Mobile connection through USB cable.

GOKUL_KRISHNA
Star I
System: Asus A15
Battery or AC: both
Model: FA566IH.311
Frequency of occurrence: Always
Reset OS: Yes
Screenshot or video: Not needed
========================
Detailed description:The issue is, the USB 2 x 3.2 ports(the other 1 x 2.0 USB port works just fine) doesn't detect mobile connection through a USB cable for data transfer and tethering but other functionalities are working like Pendrive detection and good speed with that.

The touchpad suddenly stops working/behaves too slow or doesn't respond for a few seconds and corrects itself later on. Doesn't depend on which application I'm using.

Also, there is a degree of flex on the display while closing and opening the LID around the lower edges of the screen.
This issue is not limited to my device almost everyone on the current BIOS are facing this issue and there's a seperate thread on Reddit but no one from Asus have said anything about that...
Do others in this BIOS version too have the same issue or is it just me?

Thank you in advance!
18 REPLIES 18

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello GOKUL,
May you go to this route OS(C:) > Windows > Firmware 
find out the BIOS311 file and delete it ?
Thank you.

GOKUL_KRISHNA
Star I
image.png
Is the MyAsus app for my model limited with only one Hardware settings options?

Or should there be more which isn't visible on my version of the app due to some bugs or other things?

I am on the updated version of the app and the other options weren't available in previous versions too.

image.png
Also My model name isn't correctly shown on the front page of the app, FA566IH.

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello GOKUL,
MyASUS will show the setting that your model support, each model supports different function.
And Your model is FA506IH in general, the same as FA566IH. Please don't worry about that.
Thank you.

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello GOKUL,
BIOS 313 has been released.
Please kindly check and update.
ASUS TUF Gaming A15|For Gaming|Laptops |ASUS GlobalThank you.