Andrea
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Rog Phone 2
Firmware Version: WW_17.0240.2009.49_0
Rooted or not: no
Frequency of Occurrence: Every day since a week or so
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Hi everyone, since a week (more or less) I'm experiencing a very fast battery drain. It happens also in standby while doing nothing. The strange thing is that I haven't done any firmware updates and I haven't installed any new apps since weeks, so I don't understand what could be happening. The battery usage stats don't show what is draining the battery. Here is a screenshot:
screenshot-20201119-134655070.jpg
Can someone help me?
Thanks,
Andrea
2 REPLIES 2

ronald1985
Community Legend I
Andrea

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: Rog Phone 2
  2. Firmware Version: WW_17.0240.2009.49_0
  3. Rooted or not: no
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Every day since a week or so
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

Hi everyone, since a week (more or less) I'm experiencing a very fast battery drain. It happens also in standby while doing nothing. The strange thing is that I haven't done any firmware updates and I haven't installed any new apps since weeks, so I don't understand what could be happening. The battery usage stats don't show what is draining the battery. Here is a screenshot:

screenshot-20201119-134655070.jpg

Can someone help me?

Thanks,

Andrea

Unexpected extreme battery drain
Do you get the same issue when lowering the refresh rate?
It is probably worth doing battery calibration.

kyleashcraft86
Rising Star I
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/40451/unexpected-extreme-battery-drain

Do you get the same issue when lowering the refresh rate?

It is probably worth doing battery calibration.

View post
I agree. I regularly do battery calibrations. I usually get around 9-10 hours screen on time at 120hz with the latest update. Which is almost identical to what I received on Android 9. The latest update is stable. I actually have difficulty draining the battery with these settings, playing call of duty mobile 2 hours a day, within 24 hours. See if it's possibly a app draining the battery. Because it definitely isn't a system problem