Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery draining issue

Shubham_Sharma
Star II
My battery not even lasting 1 hour with screen on or 3 hours with screen off
It has been after the 0.87 update
Will Asus fix this issue in the next update or we have to get a new smartphone of other brand
Is anyone else facing the same issue

My device has been 2.5 years old and still my battery backup was good until last 0.82 update
screenshot-20201119-142154.png

17 REPLIES 17

Shubham_Sharma
Star II
And moreover it's been heating a lot even if in idle condition and also while charging the temperature goes upto 44°C . My screen has come off , perhaps due to the heat, the glue melted
Battery drains 50% overnight
And also it charges up to full pretty much fast like in 1 hr.
Earlier it was taking 2.5 - 3 hr and would last 1-1.5 day easily with normal usage

I am also facing the same issue ! My charging speed has gone up to 1 hr

roysauvik8334
Star III
Shubham Sharma

My battery not even lasting 1 hour with screen on or 3 hours with screen off

It has been after the 0.87 update

Will Asus fix this issue in the next update or we have to get a new smartphone of other brand

Is anyone else facing the same issue

My device has been 2.5 years old and still my battery backup was good until last 0.82 update

screenshot-20201119-142154.png

Battery draining issue
I'm also facing this issue my phone is 2 years old

AJ1
Rising Star II
Shubham Sharma

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/134088#Comment_134088

Yes I have followed all your steps but the issue is yet to be resolved

I guess the problem is in the asus 0.87 update

Can I know when asus will be rolling out next stable update or else I need to switch to a new phone since it's difficult to carry a smartphone which lasts only for 2 hours

View post
Yeah that's true did u checked with SC if probably there can b a chance of bad battery & may need to replace that. I had replaced my battery & was working good with 3 days of battery in single charge, but when I updated it to. 87 my phone's battery is getting discharged overnight almost from 60% to 0% totally discharged, then I tried using in safe mode for a day nothing happened but in safe mode 15% discharged overnight, I'm now only charging till 60-80% & yes giving some relief of this discharged till now.
Can u try the same charging till 80% may this can help for some time.
That's also true that there is some 🐛 or some hardware / software issue on some devices where this discharging issue is still not resolved & sure that asus will not take a note & work on this as they only have 1 option for every issues. & that still they are not able to manage this.
Try to turn on Battery saver & check as in my device it is working opposite rather than saving battery it is getting discharged fastly.

roysauvik8334
Star III
AJ1

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/134156#Comment_134156

Yeah that's true did u checked with SC if probably there can b a chance of bad battery & may need to replace that. I had replaced my battery & was working good with 3 days of battery in single charge, but when I updated it to. 87 my phone's battery is getting discharged overnight almost from 60% to 0% totally discharged, then I tried using in safe mode for a day nothing happened but in safe mode 15% discharged overnight, I'm now only charging till 60-80% & yes giving some relief of this discharged till now.

Can u try the same charging till 80% may this can help for some time.

That's also true that there is some 🐛 or some hardware / software issue on some devices where this discharging issue is still not resolved & sure that asus will not take a note & work on this as they only have 1 option for every issues. & that still they are not able to manage this.

Try to turn on Battery saver & check as in my device it is working opposite rather than saving battery it is getting discharged fastly.

View post
If I change my battery . Then any problem to be able ?