This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera flickering when used by 3rd party apps (50Hz)

sesamu
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Zenfone 7 - ASUS_I002D
Firmware Version: 29.13.7.47
Rooted or not: Not
Frequency of Occurrence: Every time camera is in use by 3rd party app.
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): So far all 3rd party applications using the camera indoors.
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Hi,
I've noticed that main camera app is working correctly indoors when using the 50Hz anti-flickering option, but when a 3rd party app is using the camera it flickers annoyingly every now and then.
The following recording first shows the default camera app working fine, then changing to Google Lens (0:15s) which shows flickering every few seconds.
As said on the basic information above, this happened to me with 3rd party apps that can use the camera: Google Lens, WhatsApp, Instagram, Snapchat, Microsoft Teams... I could try with more if needed!
3 REPLIES 3

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
sesamu

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: Zenfone 7 - ASUS_I002D
  2. Firmware Version: 29.13.7.47
  3. Rooted or not: Not
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Every time camera is in use by 3rd party app.
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): So far all 3rd party applications using the camera indoors.

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

Hi,

I've noticed that main camera app is working correctly indoors when using the 50Hz anti-flickering option, but when a 3rd party app is using the camera it flickers annoyingly every now and then.

The following recording first shows the default camera app working fine, then changing to Google Lens (0:15s) which shows flickering every few seconds.

https://us.v-cdn.net/6031231/uploads/ZLS42SDW255Z/2020-11-14-22-00-42-trim.mp4

As said on the basic information above, this happened to me with 3rd party apps that can use the camera: Google Lens, WhatsApp, Instagram, Snapchat, Microsoft Teams... I could try with more if needed!

Camera flickering when used by 3rd party apps (50Hz)
Thanks for your feedback. I'll make sure to forward it to our devs

sesamu
Star III
Anders_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/40181/camera-flickering-when-used-by-3rd-party-apps-50hz

Thanks for your feedback. I'll make sure to forward it to our devs

View post
Thank you, too.
Don't hesitate to contact me to provide further information/tests if needed.

sesamu
Star III
Edit: Double post for error. Ignore it 🙂