Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery draining issue

Shubham_Sharma
Star II
My battery not even lasting 1 hour with screen on or 3 hours with screen off
It has been after the 0.87 update
Will Asus fix this issue in the next update or we have to get a new smartphone of other brand
Is anyone else facing the same issue

My device has been 2.5 years old and still my battery backup was good until last 0.82 update
screenshot-20201119-142154.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

ayan_brahmachar
Star II
There is clear issue in .87 update. After update to this version battery drains drastically. And after troubleshooting I found that the CPU never gets idle. CPU always runs at a average of 30-50% utilization even in idle condition. And at night, if you turn off the wifi & mobile data at night the CPU utilization increase to 50-70% on continuous basis. Thats why it is eating more battery at night than in morning.
Me and one of my friend's phone was having same battery drain issue after updating to .87 version. Yesterday he updated to Lineage OS and his battery is now working well. Since morning (14 hours) I lost 65% battery whereas he lost only around 25%
Asus must at-least admit the bug and release a fix for this battery draining.
We don't need A10, just give a solution to this battery issue. Or just roll back last 2 updates 84 & 87.

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17

AJ1
Rising Star II
Shubham Sharma

My battery not even lasting 1 hour with screen on or 3 hours with screen off

It has been after the 0.87 update

Will Asus fix this issue in the next update or we have to get a new smartphone of other brand

Is anyone else facing the same issue

My device has been 2.5 years old and still my battery backup was good until last 0.82 update

screenshot-20201119-142154.png

Battery draining issue
Pl calibrate battery, stopping background apps, check in safe mode if same issue persists try factory reset. Check out when battery safer is turned ON

victor010
Zen Master III
Hi, we'd request you follow the below steps:
1. Clear system cache.
2. Try the same under safe mode:
Hold the power button for 5 seconds => When the screen flashes with option => Press & hold power option => You will get an option to restart in safe mode
3. If still you face the issue
factory reset your phone after taking a full backup : https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1006346/
4. Last option would be to visit
the service center to have a check. Locate here:
https://www.asus.com/in/support/Service-Center/India

I am facing the same issue . Battery drains within 2 hrs after the update . My battery backup is good before the update. Please bring new update and solve the problem

Shubham_Sharma
Star II
AJ1

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/40441/battery-draining-issue

Pl calibrate battery, stopping background apps, check in safe mode if same issue persists try factory reset. Check out when battery safer is turned ON

View post
Yes I have followed all your steps but the issue is yet to be resolved
I guess the problem is in the asus 0.87 update
Can I know when asus will be rolling out next stable update or else I need to switch to a new phone since it's difficult to carry a smartphone which lasts only for 2 hours