ROG 3 suffers from heavy black crush issue

Cpz
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:ROG
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:not
Frequency of Occurrence:QKQ1.200419.002. WW_Phone-17.0823.2007.25
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):netflix,amazon prime india ,youtube(little bit)
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I have brought device August 12 ,2020 through flipkart first sale at 6auhust. I was very happy until i open netflix ,it has vert bad black crush issue even at full brightness ,in 50pecent brightness colour washed out heavy black crush issue is this hardware or software issue??anyway im just gonna refund ....but i asked some of YouTubers they have none issue ,but for fellow customers only have this😓. I decided to live with this but some of units have no issue why i wanna live with this issue for years so i try to get refund and but 12gb varient.
In YouTube crush issue is little low when compared to netflix and amazon prime ,rather than that this dev is beast 😍
I have noticed heat in aero active coller side(40°to43°) always while playing pupg at 90hz,balanced,extream . although I'm staying in AC room 22°c all time!

screenshot-20200814-161049930.jpg
img-20200813-wa0011.jpg
picsart-08-13-04-46-11.jpg
picsart-08-13-04-44-38.jpg
img-20200813-wa0012.jpg

993 REPLIES 993

victory_liu
Rising Star II
push...........................again

sub
Star III
now my phone is getting random flash where my whole screen has a weird green tint and it only goes away if i lock and then unlock my phone
it is real frustrating ASUS please let me return my phone i dont want to keep it anymore it sucks and my friends phone which cost 1/3 my price works better
ASUS PLEASE TAKE THIS PHONE GIVE MY MONEY BACK

Aryan202
Community Legend I
I don't think this issue is going away anytime soon on OLEDs to be honest
Even 60hz OLEDs have reported tints,black crush and other issues
Report: Some iPhone 12 units affected by display tinting and flickering issuesiPhone 12 Green Screen: How to check if your device is susceptible to this issueiPhone is considered the hallmark in many cases of using quality hardware components so there goes that and remember that it only uses a 60hz OLED
And you can see similar display related rants on almost all manufacturer forums now whether it be samsung,oneplus or someone else
Galaxy S20 FE display issues are almost as horrible as the Galaxy Note 7Samsung FE has touch related issue (from launch which was a few months ago) for example and it's quite widespread and the phone isn't cheap by any margin

Aryan202
Community Legend I
But again Asus should try their best to decrease black crush as far as they could,a curious explanation by one of the member here about pixelworks involvement seems plausible too
Asus is atleast trying (better then what some of the other OEMs did) and we don't even know if tuning the display has a limitation or not
Hopefully watch out for the next few updates,a minor change in postive direction should be a welcome move too (many did report some improvement in display after the recent fotas)

Manoj_Bobby
Star III
Averan

I don't think this issue is going away anytime soon on OLEDs to be honest

Even 60hz OLEDs have reported tints,black crush and other issues

https://www.androidauthority.com/iphone-12-screen-issues-1179093/

https://www.gizchina.com/2020/11/19/iphone-12-green-screen-check-if-your-device-is-susceptible-to-th...

iPhone is considered the hallmark in many cases of using quality hardware components so there goes that and remember that it only uses a 60hz OLED

And you can see similar display related rants on almost all manufacturer forums now whether it be samsung,oneplus or someone else

https://www.sammobile.com/opinion/galaxy-s20-fe-display-issues-horrible-galaxy-note-7/

Samsung FE has touch related issue (from launch which was a few months ago) for example and it's quite widespread and the phone isn't cheap by any margin

View post
I have samsung s20+ with no issues, I have iphone 12 no issues at all, even if you're happy with ROG-3, plz don't support this incompetent asus team by comparing this product with some defective units.