Star III
System:
Battery or AC:
Model: TUF Gaming FX505GT
Frequency of occurrence:
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:Around October 17-19, my laptop(BIOS 308, the latest offered by MyASUS) performance suddenly decreased. For example, playing videos games my FPS would be 60 normally, but now it is 9-30. Overall, there are stuttering and lagging when playing video games. My internet is working fine. Streaming videos, doing multiple tasks, or downloading, there are noticeable lag. MyASUS(V2.2.44.0) checkup shows there may be an issue with the fan. I've went to Nvidia Control Panel and set it to High-Performance Nvidia Processor, Power Option and set to High Performance and still nothing. Using Turbo mode, the fans are somewhat quiet and CPU/GPU fan kicks up to 2800-2900 RPM. Normally, using Turbo mode, the laptop emits a very loud noise and CPU/GPU fan kicks well over 5000-5500 RMP. So something is wrong here. I've also installed ASUS System Control Interface V2( V2.2.30.0) and reinstall MyASUS and the problem still persist. I've also resetted my laptop twice and it fixed nothing. I've checked Task Manager and Armoury Crate(V3.1.6.0), CPU/GPU temperatures seems fine. I'm not tech savy and not sure what is going on. Could it be CPU/GPU fan? Or motherboard? If you need more information to help a guy out, please ask.
Edit: I also should mention when I do Full Scan on Window Virus Security, it usually take 15-20 minutes and utilization of CPU is 98-99%. Now, it takes slighty longer and utilization of CPU is around 33%. I don't know if that info will help. I've also never underclocked or overlocked my CPU because I don't know how to do that.
Edit 2: I've emailed ASUS about the issue. It will take 48 hours for them to get back. I will update as soon as ASUS respond.
Thank you
157 REPLIES 157

docs_david4
Star I
After updating my FX505GT, which fixed all the fan issues and performance issues, I have encountered 2 new issues.

First i have noticed that i can't turn off my laptop the regular way, only if I press the power button for a few seconds.
Second issue is with the sleep mode. I can not put my laptop into sleeping mode, the screen goes black, but the fans are still spinning and i can't wake it up. Only solution is to press the power button for a few seconds again to switch the laptop off.

NelsuX
Star III
rsmani.kand97

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/132702#Comment_132702

Nope, Battery Saver is turned off and in advanced power settings minimum processor state on battery also set to 100%. 

View post
I'm having the same issue.

youssefmaaloul9
Star II
NelsuX

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/133201#Comment_133201

I'm having the same issue.

View post
same issue my bios version is 309 and the cpu frequency still stuck at 0.78Ghz

Sausage
Star I
I got my fx505gt last month 2020. I played valorant with 250fps+ and after a month of use, I notice that my fps suddenly decrease and even when I just surfing the net, my laptop is laggy an stuttering. The cpu frequency stuck at 0.79 ghz. I updated my bios from 307 to 309. After the update, my laptop's performance went back to normal but then, after 1 day of use I noticed the new problems:
•longer time shutting down
•some games capped at 30fps (which I played before at 60+ fps)
•valorant stuttering and very low fps
•autocad is not smooth
Im hoping that the asus team will fix these issues especially the fps problem in apps ASAP.

1ezeky1
Star I
I updated my bios from 308 to 309 and noticed some problems:
-Fans noise while doing nothing
-RGB lights not working
-Low fps in game
Since the 307 bios update I have been experimenting those problem.